51.| comedown

song: lostmyhead by the 1975

killcelestinoletsgovictor

the sound of victor pushing open the double doors cut through the daze that yuri katsuki was in, sitting on the hospital bed with the monitors beeping by his side, and he rubbed his eyes. the effects of the heroin had made yuri feel heavy, as if underwater and tied down with weights. his head was swimming, and his eyes couldn't focus on much for long before the images started to blur.

but he could make out blue, blue eyes and silver hair, and lifted his eyes from the bedsheets.

"yuri? you ready?" victor asked him softly, running a hand through his unkempt hair. yuri looked around the room - from the monitors beeping steadily to the window above his bed that was dripping rainwater from the night's downpour - as if celestino would  burst in at any minute and grab his by the hair as he always did when he was angry with yuri.

or drunk.

"let's go, yuri," victor said gently, so gently that in this state of mind yuri almost thought of it as affectionate, before helping yuri to his feet and towards the door.

"you cold?" victor asked, noticing yuri with his arms wrapped around himself and pale colouring. "you cold, yuri?"

" 's just the comedown," yuri managed to get out, trying to shake himself awake as victor lead him out into the air-conditioned hospital corridor.

"here," victor said, handing yuri his dark denim jacket. "might be a little big for you, but it'll keep you warm until we get you inside, yeah?"

"thank you, victor," yuri managed to get out with a small smile, and pulled on the jacket that had the scent of lemon and vanilla on its lapels.

"perfect fit," victor said with a soft laugh, as the jacket hung down just over yuri's waist and the sleeves almost hiding his fingers from view. victor put his arm around yuri, and they headed towards what yuri guessed to be the waiting room, with the white light from the hospital's ceiling lights making his dulled head spin.

"don't draw attention to yourself, ok?" victor whispered in yuri's direction. "i told chris to get rid of that fucker celestino, and - "

victor paused by the forst blue plastic chair that they came across, to look around for a man in a boss suit and heavy boots that yuri knew all too well. yuri's ribs started to throb at the memory of the bedroom carpet against his cheek and celestino's voice reverberating in his ears.

yuri didn't know why, but he grabbed victor nikiforov's hand. and yuri didn't know why, but victor nikiforov squeezed it reassuringly, pressing warmth and vanilla into yuri's palm.

"god, you've got to love chris," victor smiled, and nudged yuri's shoulder. "he's gone. don't worry, yuri, he's gone. he's not going to hurt you."

"was phichit here too?" yuri asked, and victor looked around the array of blue plastic chairs.

"he must've gone," victor said, but yuri knew that if phichit had been in this hospital waiting room all night, celestino would have dragged him back to that black porsche and "wouldn't be nice" when they got back to that ground-floor flat; celestino said that they always - always - had to be home by 6 in the morning, and yuri could see on the clock behind the receptionist with the lilac false nails that it was 4 in the afternoon.