52.| oxygen

• both victor and yuri POV •
//tw - features celestino//

victor nikiforov had never been more scared in his life than he had in the past two days, starting with a phone call from a boy called phichit and now ending up with him driving over the speed limit to the grey block of flats opposite the square with chris in the passenger seat, describing the situation - describing every fucking thing - to a second police officer whilst the tyres screeched against the tarmac.

"ok, thank you, addio," chris gushed hurriedly, hanging up. victor but at the inside of his lip until he tasted blood in his mouth.

"what did they say?" he asked, anxiously digging his nails into the steering wheel.

"they're on their way. twenty minutes tops."

"twenty?" victor cried out, before swerving the car into a space outside the looming block of apartments. "right, fuck, that's his car."

victor felt his hands balling into fosts at the sight of a familiar black porsche by the side of the street, and skimmed back down through yuri's texts.

baby🌷: number 14 ground floor apartment

"i'm going to fucking kill him," victor seethed, before slamming the car door shut behind him and heading for the entrance.

"victor, don't," chris tried to get out, "wait...the police..."

"fuck them," victor spat, pushing open the double doors. "twenty minutes until they're here, chris. twenty minutes. and i saw the damage this motherfucker did to yuri and oh, god, is it bad."

chris ran a hand through his hair nervously, but his as he opened his mouth to say something else, victor was already inside the building.

chris hurried across the street, but by then victor was already outside the apartment marked 14 and kicking at the door so hard that paint was splintering away.

"yesli ty prichinish' yemu bol', ya ub'yu tebya," victor was shouting at the top of his voice, over and over again, punching at the door until his knuckles bled.

"victor, wait - "

"ne smey prikasat'sya k nemu - "

"victor, don't - "

but victor had already started to run at the door, hitting into it with all the force in his body so that it bounced in its frame ready to give way.

"victor...don't...do something you might regret..." chris tried, but the door was close to giving way and the look on victor's face as he shouted over and over again at celestino cialdini told chris that he wasn't going to leave it to the police to protect yuri katsuki.

victor wasn't going to let celestino add another splash of darkened violet to his angel's soft, soft skin.

as soon as rain-kissed black porsche stopped outside the familiar block of dull, grey flats, celestino barked at phichit to "get the fuck out of his way" before he hauled the dazed yuri out by the arm, which was already bruised from celestino's grasp when he had dragged yuri to the black porsche that was left on the side of the street as the three of them disappeared inside.