The House..

Katherine could not stop staring at the house. It seemed a house of some horror film. It was large with huge  windows and a garden.

"Maybe it is looking spooky at night" Katherine told herself.

Myra opened the door. To her surprise, Eric was awake.
"Why are you not sleeping Eric?"

"I was waiting for you. What took you so long?"

"I'll tell you all that later but meet them."

Katherine and Casper entered from behind observing the house and then looking at Eric. Eric was surprised with the sudden arrival of the guests.

"This is Katherine and her brother Casper,they gave me lift till here and are new in this town. They were searching for a house so I thought we can give them our upper floor."

It was too surprising for Eric but he greeted them with a smile.

"Hello guys, I am Eric. I hope you guys are comfortable here. I'll show you your rooms."

Eric and Myra leaded whereas Katherine and Casper followed. They looked at the house. It seemed bigger from inside and was old but fully furnished. It had everything. There were curtains giving it a royal look. The stairs were steep but were fine. The upper floor had 6 rooms and a big corridor.
Katherine could not stop thinking that Myra and Eric live in such a big house alone.

"This is yours Katherine", Myra told showing a pretty room.

It had purple and pink walls and a bed with cream coloured pillows. A sweet blue lamp on the bed side table. All together it was a simple but a sweet room. Just beside Katherine's room was Casper's. It was blue in colour and was pretty too.

"What about the other rooms?" Katherine couldn't help asking.

"As such all are vacant but that last one is locked", Eric told pointing towards the last room which had a lock on the door.

"If you want anything, we are just downstairs. You can call me or Eric anytime",said Myra.

"Sure...Good night", Katherine said and they all departed towards their rooms.

Katherine was about to step inside her room but she turned and called, "Casper!"

He came towards her.
"Ya.."

"I messaged mom that we have reached."

"Ohh!, I almost forgot to do that."

"I knew you would."

"And I knew you wouldn't.."

"Good Night.."

"Ya, to you too."

They went to their rooms.
Katherine jumped on her bed and quickly dozed off to sleep..
She had slept hardly an hour when a sharp noise awaked her..

"What was that!" she thought.

Reluctantly she got up from her bed and walked outside her room... Everything was pitch black and only the moonlight entering from the window made the corridor visible. And a bit away from Katherine was a....