Diary!

"What was this?" asked Eric.

"Casper, please let me go. There's something fishy about that floor." pleaded Katherine.

"No Kat. You aren't going anywhere." said Casper.

They all went to Katherine's room.

"Shall we involve police?" asked Myra.

"I don't think so. If we tell them that this house has spirits, they would think that we are crazy. They don't believe on what people say. They believe in proof. And right  now we have no proof!" said Casper.

"You're right." said Myra.

"Shall we read this diary?" asked Katherine, "That's the only option."

Everyone nodded in agreement and Katherine started reading the entries one after the another aloud.

By reading gradually, they find that the family living in the house was the Hudson family. The diary was of a 17 years girl, Scarlett. The owner of the house was Peter Hudson, her father who was an army officer and Lusie Hudson, her mother. She had an elder brother, Percy who was 19. 3 younger sisters -  Suzane who was 15, Marie who was 11 and Lily who was 9 years old. A complete family! But was it a happy family? No!

The brother was mom dad's pride, their gem. He was the one who was loved the most. He was the first priority of his parents and the sisters were generally neglected. Their requirements and wants were not as  important as their brother's. This made him arrogant, wicked and cruel. He had no love and affection for his sisters. He never cared about their feelings and aspirations. He instead, troubled them and tortured them. And of course, the poor girls had no one to listen to them, not even their parents. They would always take their brother's side. They had no one except each other. So all four of them would confide in each other.
The diary had so much pain and pang that Katherine had teary eyes while she was reading. She felt pity for the girls. The last entry was :

Dear Diary,
12 June 1995                                       11:15 pm

Our world is shattered. I couldn't talk to you since a week. You know why? Last Saturday, mom and dad were driving to home from the town where they went to meet some relative. While coming, they met an accident... We lost them... We lost them... We have no one now... Percy... He was depressed for a while but now he has handled himself. Yesterday, he found dad's will. It said that Percy is owner of half of the house and other property. The other part of the house is divided between 4 of us! I don't believe dad did this to us. But still i hoped that we'll soon manage ourselves. But.. But Percy us telling us to go away. I don't believe he is our brother. How can he be so cold to his own sisters! How can he be so ruthless. I had a fight with him. I and Suzane are trying to handle things, to support Marie and Lily. But things don't seem to be in our favour.
I don't know till when do we really have this shelter. Maybe Percy plays some wicked trick and we will be on the street. I can't let Marie, Lily and Suzane suffer. I love them a lot. They are my support system. I won't let anything happen to them.
Wait... I guess Lily is crying. Maybe Percy came home. I am really very scared.. I hope he doesn't trouble us. I'll check Lily. Talk to you later... Miss me! Goodbye!
Scarlett

Casper kept his hand on Katherine's shoulder, "Kat, try to accept the truth."

Everyone was too shocked speak. They were taken aback. What would have happened in this house? To those poor girls? What was the history of the house?

"If the last entry is of 12 June 1995, it means that something happened after that." said Katherine.
"We can search for the newspapers of tat time." suggested Myra.

They also went through the albums. There were family photos and the photo of the house. Katherine kept the albums, papers and the diary in the locker of her cupboard and locked it.

They planned to go to the old library to search the newspapers the next day.

That night every one was restless. Although they were tired, needed rest, no one could sleep. They eagerly waited for the next day.