Who Was She?

Having nothing to do, Katherine decided to have a look around the house and also discover the parts of the house which she hadn't seen.
She started from the ground floor. Kitchen, drawing room, there were other 8 rooms on the ground floor and she just glanced them. She went out of the house in the garden and sat on a chair. She always loved sitting in a garden, between the trees and flowers. The sounds of the birds always gave her pleasure.
She just wanted to relax but somehow the thought of the clown wasn't going away from her mind. Every time she closed her eyes she could see that clown staring her.

"Come on Kat, you were never so scared. This is such a pretty place, such a sweet house." She told herself.

Just in front of the garden was the main gate of the house. She stood up and went inside the house to take her phone which she forgot on the dining table.
When she came out, she saw someone on the main gate, a girl of middle age. The girl was pretty but her face had scars. Anyone could make out looking at her that she had been through something terrible. Katherine ran towards the gate.
"Hey.. Who are you? Do you stay somewhere nearby?" Katherine was waiting for an answer but the girl didn't bother to pay attention to her questions. She was continuously staring at the house.

"Hello! Who are you?" Katherine tried again.
"Why don't you come inside." Katherine invited her.
As such she didn't wanted to entertain any strangers but this girl seemed different, she seemed harmless, herself afraid of something. She did not move her eyes away from the house even for a second.

Suddenly, she started shouting:
"Why are you here. Just go away from this house. It is terrible. They will kill you. They killed my brother.. Just go away."

It was very difficult for Katherine to understand what was going on. She couldn't believe what the girl just said. She wanted to calm her down and ask her what the matter was.

"I'm sorry, I'm not getting what you are trying to say. Please calm down and tell me everything. Did something happen to you in this house?"

But the girl just kept on yelling..
"She killed my brother, she kill you."

This time she was pointing towards the window of one of the rooms of the first floor.

Katherine turned behind and looked up to see what she was trying to show. The sight terrified her. On that window was a young girl of 10-12 years. She had an evil smile. Katherine turned to see the girl. But she was gone. She looked up at the window, the little girl vanished.
Katherine went out of the gate to search that girl. But there was no sign of her anywhere.

It became difficult for Katherine even to stand. She returned to the house and stared at the window and she realized that the window was of the locked room..
She couldn't help but stare at the window!
Who was she?