Digging Up The Past

Casper and Katherine went to a nearby park and sat on a bench. They wanted some peace. For a long while, they looked at the little children playing in the park and smiled looking at them. In excitement, Casper patted on Katherine's injured shoulder and only realised when she yelled.

"I'm so sorry, Kat. I didn't realise."

"I never thought you would take your revenge this way," joked Katherine.

"I told you it was a mistake. Now stop over reacting."

"Look at them Casper", Katherine pointed the kids, "Lily and Mary were also of this age."

"I know Kat. We cannot change the past. But we can ensure that their souls rest in peace, they get justice."

"Yes Casper. But we are again stuck. Now what? I'm unable to see anything further."

"Don't lose hopes, Kat. I can feel that we are very close."

"Casper, Scarlett was 17."

"So?"

"In her diary, she wrote the name of her school. What was it... Wait.. Ya!.. 'Newland Girls' School '. We can go there and find out a friend of Scarlett. Probably, she could help us."

"Wow Kat you are genius."

"Wow you called me genius!"

"Of course, because you're my sister. Come on."

Katherine gave him a look and followed.
They drove to the school finding their way through GPS.
They finally reached the spot. They straight went to the principal's cabin after great request.

The principal was an old lady who seemed in her 60s.
"Tell me what do you want?",asked she.

"Mam, we want some information about a girl of the 1995 Batch, 12th standard. Her name was Scarlett Hudson", requested Katherine.

"Scarlett Hudson! But why?"

"Mam, it's really very important for us. Please help us. You must be aware about the murder case", said Casper.

"Ya i'm aware."   She said and ringed a bell on her table and soon a peon entered the cabin. She told him to bring the file of the batch and he brought it in about 10 minutes.

Katherine and Casper looked at her class photos and other information but got no lead. They checked her class teacher, Mrs. Halena Mathews. They took permission from the principal and went to meet the teacher in the staff room. Fortunately, she still taught in the school.

They told Halena that they wanted to know about Scarlett. And surprisingly she remembered her.

"Poor child. Always sat quite and sad. I always felt attached to her. I knew she was Peter Hudson's daughter, big man!
But i don't believe that she can kill anyone. She never talked to anyone except her friend."

"Do you remember her name?" Katherine asked showing the register.

Halena glanced the register and said, "Venisa.. Ya, I'm sure it was Venisa."

"Thanks a lot Mam", said Katherine.
Casper took a snap of the register pages and they left the school.

They checked Venisa's information and tried the contact numbers . Luckily, one  number was working and someone picked up the phone.

"Is this Venisa?"

"Yes"

"Hello I'm Katherine. I wanted to talk to you about Scarlett,your friend. Will you please help."

"Scarlett.. Who are you? How do you know her?"

"I'll tell you everything. Can we meet today?"

"Okay. But where?"

"Silver Cafe. 4pm."

"Okay"

"Thank you."