Hard Time

Katherine and Myra looked at each other in fear. Katherine signalled Myra and they ran towards the stairs. But Marie came in front of them. They stepped back. They looked at the sisters. The were laughing loudly, it was a terrible laugh. Katherine ran towards the stairs again holding Myra's hand. They had just climbed a few steps when Katherine felt a very strong pull and fell. Her ankle got twisted. Myra ran towards her and helped her stand.
Scarlett spoke again in her unforgettable voice , "YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. YOUR BROTHERS WILL SUFFER. THEY WILL.", they disappeared. Myra grabbed the ouija board and helped Katherine climb the stairs. They knew the place wasn't safe and so they rushed. They locked the room again and went to Katherine's room. Katherine kept the ouija board in the locker of her cupboard. She struggled to walk but somehow reached the bed and seated herself. Myra sat facing her. They both were too shocked to say anything.

"Why are they behind us! We did nothing to them",sighed Myra.

"They are behind our brothers but only we can see them. This is so confusing", exclaimed Katherine.

"We need to find every single thing."

"You're right, Myra. Half information is always dangerous."

"You know what! Ouija is the current option."

"Even i was thinking about that. But we have to do this secretly."

Katherine was holding her leg which was badly aching. She looked at the clock, it showed 6 pm.
Time for Casper and Eric to come, she thought. She continued reading the book which she was previously reading. Myra also began reading a magazine. They both tried to focus on reading but the horrific faces of the girls were flashing in front of their eyes. In some time Casper came in Katherine's room. He saw both the girls engrossed in their books.
"College exams?", he asked.
"Of course Casper! We can crack our college exams with a novel and magazine. And that too in vacation!", Katherine attacked with sarcasm.
"Hmm. You girls can do anything."
"I think you are hungry Casper. That's why you are eating my head."

Myra looked at the siblings fighting and finally intervened, "Can you both just stop your silly argument."
"Tell him, Myra. I am not interested in fighting with him."
"Ya, i have a lot of time to argue with her"
"Will you both just stop!"
They got silent and Casper's attention went on Katherine's bandaged leg.
"What did you do with your leg, Kat?" he asked.
Katherine looked at Myra and got nervous. She jokingly tried to avoid the thing,
"Nothing. I felt like decorating my leg.
"Stop annoying me and tell me how did this happen? "
"I just fell from the stairs and my ankle got twisted."
"You are still a child. You can't even walk down the stairs properly."
"It's ok Casper. I already scolded her.", Myra tried to end the topic.
Casper walked to his room and the girls took a deep breath.
"It is difficult to hide anything from Casper.", said Katherine.
"I know. Why don't we go for shopping tomorrow, we'll get some change too", suggested Myra.
"Ya. Good idea."