The Dillema

Next morning they all gathered to decide who would go to Fedrick and what was the plan ahead.

"He is not gonna accept that he was behind the murder of the Hudson couple",said Casper.

"Of course not. He wouldn't have even imagined that someone will ever know his secret and try to expose him after these many years",said Katherine.

"We need to gather some proof, some confession!", said Myra.

"But how?", asked Eric.

"We need to blackmail him or shall force him to confess his deed",said Casper.

"Shall we kidnap his son or someone?", asked Eric.

"Bad joke",said Myra.

"You have a better idea?", asked Eric.

"Let us atleast check whether he is there or not", said Katherine.

They all went to the given address. A huge mansion with a garden was in front of their eyes. They went inside the main door. There was only a gardener who was watering the plants.

"Is this Mr. Fedrick's home?", asked Katherine.

"Yes, this is."

"Is he available?", asked Myra.

"No, he has gone to attend his niece's wedding. He'll be back in a week."

Katherine looked at Casper in disappointment.

"Are you his relatives?", asked the gardener.

"Ya. He and our fathers are good friends. We'll come after a week. Thank you."

They all left the huge mansion again to their creepy house. They were worried as they had no choice but to wait for Fedrick.
Next day, Casper and Eric left for their work leaving Myra and Katherine in the house.
The day went by normally until the afternoon. After the lunch, Katherine was sitting in her room, reading a novel. Suddenly there was a noise of a glass breaking. Startled, she thought something must have fallen. But she doubted as the noise was much louder than a normal vessel falling.
Before she could make a judgment, she heard Myra screaming.
She threw her novel and ran downstairs. She saw Myra held in Scarlett's arms.
She held a knife on her throat and held her tight.

"Save me, Kat."  yelled Myra.

"Leave her, Scarlett. For god's sake, leave her."

"YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR FRIEND?", spoke Scarlett in her gruesome voice.

"Yes", said Katherine in fear.

"CALL YOUR BROTHER. CALL CASPER."

Katherine was stunned by the demand. She couldn't let her brother die. Myra was continuously crying and now hearing the demand she was certain that Katherine would choose Casper over her.
But Katherine couldn't let any of them die.

" CALL CASPER. CALL HIM FAST OR I'LL KILL HER."

"No Scarlett. Leave Myra."

"THEN CALL HIM."

"Ok. Wait.. Wait.."

Katherine's hands trembled as she dialed Casper's number. She wished for some miracle. She wished Scarlett killed her instead. But Katherine wouldn't give up. She had to save Myra and Casper.

'Hello.. Tell me Kat.. " Casper picked up the phone.

Katherine's heart was pounding hard.