The Tragedy!

Suddenly he shook his head facing down. They tried calling him, "Mr. Simon.. Mr. Simon."  But he didn't reply. When he turned his head up, his eyes turned black. He started trembling for a few seconds. Then he became normal and sat still staring at them. He looked fierce as if something had got into him.
Katherine and Myra looked at each other in terror. Both were puzzled, they couldn't make out what was happening.
He suddenly got up from his chair and jumped down from the window of his cabin. Katherine and Myra were stunned with what had just happened.

Half an hour later...

Down the building, stood a group of people, Mr Simon's receptionist, Myra, Katherine, Eric and Casper, along with police investigating.

"Who has witnessed this?" the cop Sam asked.

Myra and Katherine were too shocked and afraid to answer. But they tried to gather courage and finally Myra spoke, "We. We saw him jumping off the window. We were there asking him about.."

She was about to speak more but Katherine pulled her hand indicating not to reveal what she was about to.

She continued. " We were there asking him about a new house."

Katherine then spoke," Suddenly something happened to him, we don't know what. But he jumped."

"Fine. We will call you if we need your help", said the cop.

"Sure sir. Anytime", Casper said and took Katherine towards the car. Myra and Eric followed. Casper drove to the house and the entire way Katherine and Myra did not utter a word.
As they reached the house Katherine sat down on the sofa, her head enclosed in her hands.

" It's okay Kat. Tell me what happened exactly." Casper asked in concern.
She told the entire fuss to Eric and Casper. Myra was there sitting just opposite to her on a chair.
Eric and Casper seemed equally shocked.

"That is why we told you that we should go", said Eric.

"No Eric, it's not their fault. But why did he jump all of a sudden. That's the question", Casper said.

"He was our last hope. Now? How will we get out of here?", Katherine asked in distress.
Tears rolled down Myra 's cheek.
She asked," will we ever escape?"

"Of course we will. There must be some clue. Something that we are missing ", Casper said.

"I agree with Casper. There must be a door to this problem too", Eric said.

"Door.." continued Casper, "Exactly, the door. The room which is locked!"

"Ya, how can i forget that. I saw the little girl on the window of that room." Katherine said in a relieved voice of finding a hope.

They headed towards the door.

"I tried breaking the lock last time, but it didn't." said Katherine.

"Now I'll try." said Casper.

He and Eric tried to break the lock. With a lot of effort, they finally succeeded in breaking the lock. They opened the latch and pushed the door with force and the door opened with an irritating creaking sound. Everyone had a pounding heart and an anxiety about what secrets were going to be unravelled.