I'm Sorry (Midna x Male!Reader)

Just for the sake of this oneshot, (Y/N) is a member of the Twili.

Requested by @Defender_of_Hyrule

Enjoy!
___________________________________

The Twilight Realm. The home of the Twili: members of an ancient race that thrived in the shadows. These creatures would die in the world of light unless they were hidden away in the dark.

These people were ruled by their beloved princess, Midna. She was a wise ruler, and the most beautiful Twili in the kingdom. Before, she would often appear cold and distant. She sat alone in her palace, interacting with others only when necessary. That was until the day she met (Y/N), a peculiar male within the kingdom. He wasn't like the other Twili. He still had the infamous red hair and electrifying yellow eyes, but he appeared more like a human from the world of light, much like her. She instantly became intrigued by him, and often spent her free time with him. Eventually the two became close, and soon fell in love.

The attractive man had proclaimed his love for the princess at the front of the palace, catching everyone's attention. Midna had accepted his feelings and confessed her own. Ever since then, the two were always together. They swore to never leave each other's side. They had fallen hopelessly in love. The Twili were happy for their princess, seeing this turn of events as a sign of hope and luck for the realm's future. Yet, little did everyone know of a dark being lurking in the shadows. He had waited long enough.

He had already been denied the power he yearned for by his people. Now he was being denied the very woman whom he believed was rightfully his. The being growled in anger. But he believed in his god. He believed that his power would aid him in successfully taking over.

And a few months later, that was exactly what happened.

Ω

Midna stared at her form in horror. How could this have happened? She turned angrily at her attacker, forcing back the tears welling in her eyes at the what he had done to her lover.

"Zant," she hissed. "What have you done!?"

"Midna..." the Twili spoke with an unsettling calmness. "We both know that I am the rightful ruler of this realm. You have done nothing to make our people better, stronger. But I..."

He turned his head to the beast beside him. Its massive head, though lacking in eyes, stared at its new master.

"I have the potential. Just look at how much your precious (Y/N) has changed."

Zant looked back at Midna with a smirk. The princess only growled in response.

"No, you've turned him into a monster!" her voice was laced with venom as she spoke.

"Hmph. It doesn't matter what you think about my subjects."

Zant walked up to the cursed princess, who was now nothing more than a powerless imp. His furious eyes locked with hers that were filled with terror.

"Leave, Midna. Leave and never return..."

The princess backed away from the evil being, her gaze traveling to what was once her beloved (Y/N)...

'Don't worry my love, I'll come back for you. I promise...'

And with that, Midna fled from the Twilight Realm into the world of light. But upon arriving there, she had learned that it was now bathed in a blanket of twilight. What has Zant done?

Ω

Several weeks later

Midna's POV

Link and I were now heading towards the Lanayru Province. We had taken out several of the Twili beasts that came from those portals. I didn't let it show, but it hurt knowing that I was allowing the hero to kill my people. I didn't have a choice. I knew that in the long run it was for the best... That was until we had gotten to Lake Hylia.

Once again, we were attacked by those ghastly creatures. There were three of them. If Link wanted to escape, he'd have to take out all three of them at once. Link charged forward, taking out the one on the left. That left just the other two. But something felt...off about one of them. The one on the right... Its aura felt so familiar to me. That was when I remembered him.

His bright smile that could turn any sad face to one full of joy. His gentle touch that made me shiver. His smooth voice that melted away all of my worries. The memories continued to flood into my mind, until they landed on that dreadful day.

When Zant took over my kingdom, he had turned my people into these horrible creatures. Including my (Y/N)... Then he turned my into this, and banished my from the Twilight Realm. I vowed to come back to save him, but now here he was. An enemy. A creature who had to be slaughtered.

Tears slowly streamed down my face as I aided Link in defeating the last two. I tried my best to hold my composure as their bodies disintegrated into nothing, allowing us to have another portal to travel through. As Link continued searching for the light tears, I tried not to sob over the death of my love.

'(Y/N)... I wasn't able to save you... Please, forgive me for what I've done. I have to help Link to save our people as well as Hyrule. Thank you for showing me happiness. I will always love you..."

The End

___________________________________

I feel bad now. I never meant for it to end like this ;-;

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. Please leave a request in the comments! See ya guys next time!