Puns (Sidlink)

Super short but also contains fluff. Also, I feel like I don't post enough of this ship despite loving it so much. Oh well. Enjoy!

______________________________

Sidon hated puns.

It was worse when his boyfriend, Link, would always tell them. He loved the blond Hylian more than anything, but each time the hero would crack one he'd just groan in annoyance. Link knew this of course, but didn't really care. He loved annoying the Zora prince. He could always make up for it later anyway.

Today the couple was having a picnic by the East Reservoir Lake. Vah Ruta stood proudly close by, reminding the hero of his long and tiresome quest to regain his memories and save Zelda. But now that the kingdom was finally safe and there were rarely any attacks from monsters, the hero was able to take a break (cause our bby boy has suffered enough-).

The Hylian and Zora sat on the red plaid blanket, of which the giant shark man took up most of it, and Link pulled out a small basket full of goodies for them to eat. Inside were a couple of sandwiches the hero himself had made and some milk he purchased from a market earlier that day. There were also apples and bananas inside. Now this would have been your everyday, run of the mile date. But Sidon had something special planned...

The Zora prince was nervous the entire time, second guessing himself on whether or not he should go through with his idea. He had already purchased the ring, however, so it'd be a waste not to do it. But then again, how would people react to their union, and that's assuming if the hero said yes! Sidon, who was always the most confidant person everyone looked up to, was for the first in a long time afraid to do what he wanted. 

This behavior did not go unnoticed by Link either. He saw how quiet his boyfriend was being, and it was unnatural. Usually the hero was the silent one, but today he was more talkative than the prince.

"Hey, Sidon, are you alright?" the hero asked him as he put his sandwich on his lap.

"Hm? Oh, yes! I'm perfectly fine, Link," Sidon gave his famous wide-tooth grin. "No need to worry."

"Are you sure? You're awfully quiet today..."

"Just... I have a lot of things on my mind... That's all."

Link dropped his food completely (WASTE OF FOOD CHILD HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING-) before getting closer to the shark prince. "I'm willing to listen," he said with a smile.

"Crap..." Sidon thought to himself.

"I-I... Uh-Uh..."

He had to think of a way out of this, and fast. Screw the price of that ring. He wasn't ready to ask him yet! What was he thinking?

But it was too late to back out now. He has to do it and this point, otherwise Link will just get more suspicious. Besides, so what if he gets rejected? That won't change his feelings for the hero, and he hoped Link's feelings towards him wouldn't change either. The only problem is...

He forgot to prepare a speech.

How was he going to ask him with no speech? What was he-

"Oh, wait!"

An idea had come to him, and despite it being cheesy and to his annoyance, it was the best option.

"Link, stand up for me," Sidon asked his boyfriend.

Link looked at Sidon with curiosity, but complied anyway. Sidon smiled nervously as he then stood up himself, getting onto one knee for the hero--but considering his height he was still taller than the blond. He took his hand into his before going into his bag he always carried with him and pulling out his family's heirloom.

The Zora's Sapphire.

It had been passed down from generation to generation as each Zora Princess gave it to her future husband, the man she would marry someday. His sister had previously thought of giving this to someone who he could not directly remember, but after hearing the tales of her love for Link he concluded she wanted to give it to him. He had thought of proposing to Link like this sometime ago, but felt it was wrong to take the man his sister wanted so desperately.

But after much prayer, seeking advice, and thought he had come to the conclusion that he would someday. And that day was today.

"Link, my love, my darling hero... After thinking for months on end on whether I should really do this or not, I have decided that I cannot live without you by my side. I would be lion if I said I'm not nervous about this... Link, will you do me the greatest honor and be mine until death has parted us?" Sidon asked the blond, holding the sapphire in his hands.

Link stared at Sidon with wide eyes and an even wider smile. "Sidon, did you just make a pun to propose to me?"

The Zora prince chuckled. "Yes, I did my love. So, what do you say?"

Link giggled at this, reaching up a bit to kiss him on the lips. The kiss lasted about a few seconds or so before the couple pulled apart, smiling at each other.

"I'd love nothing more."

______________________________

I looked for about an hour and a half for a really good pun to use for this one and I am disappointed in myself for having to really on the lion one. *le cri*

Anyway, I hope you guys all enjoyed. See you next time!