Camping (Link x Midna)

This was requested by Defender_of_Hyrule.

Enjoy!
___________________________________

Link trudged through the forest. After achieving the Dominion Rod and third piece of the Mirror of Twilight, the hero felt exhausted. He wanted nothing more than to rest, but first he needed to find a suitable place to rest. Midna, his Twili companion, warped them near the Spirit's Spring. She wanted to get this whole ordeal over with as soon as possible so they could defeat Zant and save Zelda.

Link went to gather some wood and started a fire. He put all his gear next to him and sat by the warm flame. He stared into the blazing ember, quickly getting lost in his thoughts. When he woke up that faithful day, he never expected all of this to happen to him. He was suddenly shoved into this destiny with no warning or choice. Not only was one world in danger, but two: his world and the Realm of Twilight. That reminded him...

Midna must have been heartbroken a few times throughout their journey together. Seeing what her people had turned into (she explained it to him after his first battle with them in Faron) and being forced to hurt them. Anyone would have already broken down after experiencing such things, yet she remained strong. That was something he admired about her. She did what was necessary and held her head high, even if it hurt her. Speaking of the imp princess...

Link smiled down at the sleeping Twili that was resting on his lap. It seemed he wasn't the only one feeling tired after such a long time in that temple. Her head piece had been removed and placed next to hid gear. She snored softly as she clutched onto the green tunic the hero wore. Link softly chuckled. She looked so cute like this...

He gently took the princess into his arms, as to not wake her up, and laid down on his side. He wrapped his arms around her small figure and closed his eyes, falling into a deep sleep as he and his companion cuddled near the fire. A smile was plastered on his lips as he whispered his last words of the day before falling into a deep slumber...

"Goodnight, Midna..."

...

Once she was sure he was asleep, the Twili opened her eyes and smiled. A slight blush crept onto her cheeks and she kissed the hero softly in his cheek.

"Goodnight, Link..." she whispered.

She shuffled closer to the blonde and shut her eyes, drifting off to her own peaceful sleep.

____________________________________

Sorry if this was too short. I needed to get this onto digital paper (?) before I lost inspiration and this was sadly all I could come up with.

Thanks for reading guys! See you next time!