Hurts Like Hell (Ghiralink)

Prepare for some angst. Super fucking short too. (what is wrong with my life this month holy fuck-)

Inspired by this great animatic and the song above. Also no matter how many times I listen to this song I'm left in  t E A R S-

______________________________

How can I say this without breaking
How can I say this without taking over?
How can I put it down into words?
When it's almost too much for my soul alone...

Ghirahim stood in the graveyard, not a single soul in sight. But all around him he could see them. The souls of those who had left this world and gone to the next, including his beloved Link.

I loved and I loved and I lost you.
And it hurts like hell.
Yeah it hurts like hell.

He stared at the gravestone, his eyes pouring tears silently as he held himself back from collapsing then and there to weep over the lose of yet another hero. Why did he always care for them? Why did he always have to fall for them, over and over and over again when he knew already how it'd end? The hero would meet him on his quest to save the land, they'd fall in love, save the day, and stay together until the blond would eventually die. Each time it occurred, the demon felt more and more of his heart shatter, piece by piece.

I don't want them to know the secrets.
I don't want them to know the way I loved you.  

He was slowly loosing his sanity, if he had any left at this point. What made it all worse was that the people of this pathetic world were oblivious to it. He supposed it was his fault. After all, he never wanted to be mentioned in the kingdom's history ever again. Not since his Skychild died the first time...

I don't think they'd understand it, no.
I don't think they would accept me, no.  

If he were seen as the hero's secret lover, it'd ruin both of their images. For one he was a demon, and second he was a male. Dating a person of your gender had only recently been accepted in the kingdom, and even then those who grew up traditionally would be against their hero being with another man. His heritage as a demon lord would only make things worse... They would not longer believe in him.

I loved and I loved and I lost you.
And it hurts like hell.
Yeah it hurts like hell.  

The demon couldn't take it anymore. He had finally dropped to her knees in front of the gravestone, chunks of dirt in his hands as he clenched them in frustration. Salty, crystal shaped tears flowed through his eyes like a raging river as he let out a piercing, heartbreaking cry into the rainy night. How could he let this happen to himself so many times? Why couldn't he just stay away from that boy? If only he had never kissed him in Skyview, then none of this would have happened...

Dreams fight with machines
Inside my head like adversaries.
Come wrestle me free.
Clean from the war.
Your heart fits like a key.
Into the lock on the wall.
I turn it over, I turn it over.
But I can't escape.
I turn it over, I turn it over.  

Link stood in front of him, watching as the demon cried out everything he held back for Hylia knows how long. He bit his lip as he shed tears of his own, wanting so desperately to comfort the demon weeping him. But he knew he couldn't. He was but a ghost now, a spirit cursed to wander across the land until the kingdom needed him once more so he may be reborn. His memories would be wiped, and everything he had experienced would be gone. The only thing that would remain would be what the gods wanted him to have: his skills in battle and his courage.