Valentine's Day (Link x Reader Valentine's Day Special)

Hello everyone! So I am still on break but decided this would be my little Valentine's Day gift for all of you! Still won't be taking any requests for awhile now cause school is stressful af and I need some me time.

Well I hope you all enjoy!

______________________________

"I'm so excited!" your close friend Zelda exclaimed as you, her, and your other friends Midna and Lana walked down the halls of your school.

"You say that every year, Zel," Midna rolled her eyes. 

"But I am!" the blonde retorted. "I can't wait to see who'll ask me to be their Valentine this year!"

You simply giggled in response to Zelda's enthusiasm. You yourself had not gotten asked to be anyone's Valentine since 3rd grade, and though you asked many people they always turned you down. But this year, you wanted things to be different. You recently had your eye on a certain blond in the school, Zelda's friend Link. You two talked every once in awhile, and greeting each other in the hallways in the morning whenever you guys passed by each other. You two would even wait for each other to walk home, considering he took the same route you did to get to his house everyday after school. You two decided it would be safer and more interesting if you two walked home together. That also resulted in you developing a crush on the brave blond.

However, you have been dreading this awful holiday when that happened. You tended to ask your crush every year, when you had one, but you also knew that Zelda and Lana liked him as well. Lana was more shy about the situation, and you felt sorry when you told her and she confessed to liking him too. But you were grateful that she'd gave up her pursuit of him. You just wished there was a way to make it up to her. Zelda, on the other hand, eventually stopped having a crush on her childhood friend and started to pursue a different person within the school: Ganondorf (I'M SORRY I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE!!!). Why she was interested in the school's most intimidating kid was beyond you, but you thought it was best to leave others to their own devices. 

Midna had her own love interest, but she wouldn't dare reveal who it was. Everyone assumed it was Zant, Ganon's crazy sidekick, but you knew better. No one knew that Midna and Zant were actually distant cousins other than you, Zelda, and Link. She wasn't proud to call Zant her older cousin, so she planned to wait until he graduated to reveal that secret. She was trying not to get involved in whatever problems he got himself into. But despite your friend's secrecy, you knew that she had a crush on Zelda. The two were closer than any other pair of friends, and you noticed the blush forming on her face whenever Zelda would smile at her or laugh at her jokes and sarcasm. The very thought made you laugh to yourself.

You were all presently in school at the moment in the cafeteria during lunch. Zelda had packed a ham and cheese sandwich for the day, considering she wasn't a big fan of school lunch. Minda just ate an apple the blonde packed for her, and Lana ate the school's pizza. You? You were eating (Favorite food) and drinking (regular/chocolate/strawberry) milk from the lunch menu. School lunch wasn't too bad for you, though you honestly preferred to eat stuff from the outside. But today the school's staff members were serving (Favorite food) so you couldn't resist getting it. You loved it with all of your heart.

Zelda talked endlessly about her crush, Lana listening attentively and Midna only pretending to listen (she hated the man with a passion for mistreating her cousin the way he would usually do on a daily basis). You spaced in and out of the conversation, only focusing on the blond boy sitting two tables away from you. This would be your typical day. Zelda would ramble, Midna would only give small comments here and there, Lana would just listen quietly, and you'd sneak glances of the boy you were head over heels for. But today was different. How so?

Link caught you staring at him. Your eyes met, and you only offered a slightly awkward smile and a small wave. He smiled in response, and what made it worse for you was that he got up from his seat and started walking over to you.

"Hey girls," he greeted with a grin.

"Hey Link!" Zelda smiled. "Wanna sit with us?"

"Sure thing," he replied, taking a seat casually next to you.

Your face grew warm as your legs and shoulders made contact, and you knew you were visibly blushing at this point. This earned you a smirk from Midna, making you blush even more. You hated her teasing you. Though she was like the big sister you wish you had, she often acted like the one you wished you didn't have. This included teasing you around your crushes.

"So, Zelda," Link started. "Who are you hoping to ask you out today?"

"Well, Ganon would be a great choice," the blonde girl started, and you could see Midna frowning in the corner. "But..."

"But?" he pressed.

"But... I realize that he isn't the best person, so if he doesn't ask me that's perfectly fine," she finished. "Actually, he hasn't been here all day, so I might as well just go with my original plan."

"And that would be?" Lana finally spoke up, feeling curious as to who Zelda had in mind.

Zelda smiled in response, but not before turning to face Midna.

"Hey Midna, would you like to go out to eat tonight?" she asked the taller girl.

Midna's face suddenly went pink from embarrassment. "Wha-What? You're as-asking me ou-out?"

Zelda nodded. "Of course. After all, you've supported me about all my crushes for as long as I can remember! I think it's time I treat you as a 'thank you', don't you think?"

"Oh, o-of course," Midna stammered. "Su-Sure. I'd love to."

"Great!" the blonde smiled, jumping up to pull her friend into a hug, making the latter blush more. "You can wear whatever you want. Just meet me in front of the place. I'll text you the address after school."

You giggled as Midna stuttered her response. You were glad that your friend was finally getting a shot at love. But now, there was a challenge for you to face: should you ask Link out?

You looked over at the blond as the three continued to converse (Lana had already left at this point to join her sister Cia to geometry to catch up on homework), and you made your decision. You were going to ask him.

You took in a deep breath before turning to face your friend, and nervously you asked, "Link, do you maybe want to go out later?" you asked.  "Ya know, on a date?"

This caught the three's attention, Zelda and Midna hopeful for him to say yes and Link looking back casually. He blinked a few times, looking as though he was thinking before he smiled.

"Sure. How does 8 sound?"

You were taken aback at how laid back he was being, though it was a quality of him that you admittingly loved the most, but smiled nonetheless.

"Re-Really? You mean it?"

"Sure. I don't see why not. I've liked you for awhile, so yeah. I think it'd be fun to get to know you better," he admitted.

Your smile grew. "Then great! 8 it is then!"

Link smiled back at you. The four of you spent the rest of your time talking until the bell rang to signal that the next class was about to start. The four of you went your separate ways, and as you made your way to (3rd favorite class) you couldn't stop smiling to yourself. Today was officially the best Valentine's Day you have ever experienced.

______________________________

Happy Valentine's Day guys.

See you all in a week or so.