I'll Help You (Red x Abused!Lonely!Reader)

Requested by: SamanthaDeWinter99

Art by: N/A

Okay, this is the final shot I'm doing before I take my break. I hope you guys enjoy!

Also, trigger warning: abuse, mention of rape, neglect, abandonment, and a bunch of other stuff.

______________________________

You hated your life.

You, Y/N L/N, hated everything about your life. You used to live with your mother and father in a quaint little village, and you considered them the best parents in the world. But one day, your father moved away with one of his secret mistresses and your mother blamed you for what had happened. She took her frustration out on you, beating you whenever the slightest thing made her upset. She'd force you to do the chores and tend to your little farm while she slept with a different man from the village nearly everyday.

You were essentially picked on for that, being called a whore's daughter by nearly everyone in town. Mothers would scold their sons for speaking to you and their daughters for allowing themselves to "nearly be influenced". Men would look at you as you walked through town almost hungrily. You were nearly raped one day by one of them. This man had followed you towards your home, and if it wasn't for the local watchman, the only one in the village who still treated you like the person you are, he would have gotten away with. You were thankful for that elderly man. In this town where everyone treated like dirt, he was your only friend.

He eventually became your parent-figure. He'd tell you stories of his children that had passed when he was younger from disease, as well as tales of a hero who saved Hyrule and the royal family many years ago. You felt bad for the old man. His eldest child died at the ripe age of 13, and the others could't even make it past 10. He never got to watch them grow into young adults or have grandchildren. You promised him that the day you have children, he'd be the first to see them. The old man smiled at you when you told him this, thanking you for your kindness.

You remember him telling you: "Never stop being kind", and you promised him you wouldn't.

Though none of the promises you two made with each other lasted long. About three years after saving you, the watchman had passed in his sleep. You were the only one to mourn for his death. He had been just as lonely as you were. It broke your heart knowing he was alone when he died.

It had been a year since his death, and your life returned to constant harassment from the locals as well as the ongoing abuse from your neglectful mother. You rarely ever eat, and spend almost all of your time either in the nearby woods, in your house, or in the garden your mother forced you to work in. Life was a living hell for you, and you didn't know how much longer you could take it.

Today, however, would be the day your life would change for the better.

You awoke that morning to the sounds of your mother stirring around the house, most likely just waking up from another "eventful" evening. You prayed silently to the gods that she was too exhausted to hurt or yell at you. You hadn't heard any shouting so far, so you took that as a good sign. But you still had to get up to work on your chores.

You let out a sigh as you got out of bed slowly, your body still hurting from the bruises your mother gave you the other day. You stepped out, one foot painfully after the other until you were finally out of bed. You then quickly changed into your worn, brown dress and shoes before moving forward outside towards the garden. You made sure to avoid your mother on the way out. Thankfully, by the time you left your room, she was already back in hers, hopefully sleeping once more. You sighed outwards as you continued your way.