How Could You? (Ghiralink)

This was inspired by the lovely little song above. Thank you Miranda!

Yeah. Angst yet again cause Hamilton is just lovely in Act 2 ain't it? I'll leave a summary at the very end in a note, so you guys can just skip to that if you can't handle it.

Anyway, have fun!

____________________________________________

"The Dragmire Pamphlet".

Link stared in shock at the words on the paper. He could hardly believe what he had just read. The words played in his head over and over again, imagining his husband's voice speaking them to him.

"The charge against me is a connection with one, Ganondorf Dragmire, for purposes of improper speculation. My real crime is an amorous connection with his husband for a considerable time with his knowing consent. I had frequent meetings with him, most of them in my own house. Mr. Akuma being absent with our children on a visit to his foster father."

Link could not believe it. He refused to. But the truth stared at him straight in his face. His husband, the man he was absolutely helpless for, had an affair. Not just any affair. He slept with the man who was married to their enemy, the man who had treated the demon as a slave for years. He had even paid Ganondorf, Link's own personal enemy, to keep quiet about it. The man had wasted their money just to keep the affair a secret. The worst part?

He had admitted it to the public in the newspaper. Most likely for the sake to save his political career, for the man was Secretary of Treasury of their beloved country.

His affair would be available for all to see. The whole world would know of his treachery. 

Link cried as he thought of this. His dear love cheated on him with another man. How could he have possibly seen this coming? He thought the man loved him more than anything. Did he even love him? How could he ever find the answer? That was when it came to him...

"The letters!" he thought to himself.

Link ran to their bedroom, setting the disturbing pamphlet on the bedside table, and yanked the drawers of their cabinet open. Inside he saw all the letters he had saved from when him and Ghirahim were dating. He smiled to himself as he took them out of the drawer and began to scan through them, remembering how hard he had falling for the charming demon. But as he read them, one word at a time, he had a realization.

The man had never officially declared his love for the blond. He only spoke of things such as his experience on the battlefield (Ghirahim had been a soldier for a few years before retiring so he may return home) and how afraid he was of other people's opinions of him. Yet not a single word was said of his feelings. There was only the opening, "My Dearest Link", and the end, "Yours, Ghirahim"

More tears flowed from the blond's eyes as he realized this. How could he have been so blind? Especially after his beloved friend, and foster sister, Zelda's warning. Her words began to haunt his mind as he began to frantically search for answers, for some kind of sign that Ghirahim was his and always had been.

"Be careful with that one, Link. He will do what it takes to survive."

Link searched and searched on the bedroom floor, his breathing growing more and more uneven and rapid as each second passed, but there was nothing. He could find nothing. Ghirahim had cheated and covered it up, and there was no sign that he ever loved the blond in the first place.

"He never loved me, did he? He just married me for money, because I was adopted by the president..." the blond thought to himself as he suddenly flung the papers to the ground in fury and despair. "He was only obsessed with his ridiculous legacy..."

He collapsed to his knees and began to sob heavily into his hands. It was like this for some time, and he was completely oblivious to his sister and children, an 16-year-old girl named Shi and a 10-year-old boy named Utsubyō, standing at the doorway. Zelda held back tears of her own, completely furious at what Ghrirahim had done to her brother, before she escorted the children away from their sorrowful father and closed the door behind them.

Link had sobbed for Hylia knows how long before he found himself laying on the carpeted floor, his eyes puffy and red from the crying as he stared blankly at the mini fireplace his husband insisted they install for "romantic atmosphere" whenever they had sex. He then glanced over to the letters, and a thought came to him. 

He'd erase himself from the narrative. He'd let historians wonder what he thought of the affair.

He quickly grabbed the letters and walked over to the fire that crackled and spat, and one by one he took the letters and held them over the fire. He watched each one turn crisp before being swallowed by the flames as more tears fell silently from his dark, bloodshot, ocean blue eyes. He watched them silently as they were burned.

The world no longer had a right to his heart, nor did it have a right to his bed. Nobody would be able to know what he said or felt. He was burning their memories along with those letters. But not only did the public lose these rights, but that demon did as well.

Ghirahim had forfeited his rights to Link's heart and to their bed. He'd force the bastard to sleep in his office, considering that was where he spent most of his days in there anyway. He'd force him to remember the days when they were both blissfully ignorant, when they were "happy". Of when he belonged to the blond, and vice versa.

Link choked on another sob at this thought, gritting his teeth in fury.

"I hope that you burn," he whispered as he lit the last letter on fire, and watch it turn into nothing more than ashes.

__________________________________________________________

Okay. So here's the summary of the shot.

So Link finds out through a public article Ghirahim posted that the demon had an affair with Ganondorf's husband who is Demise (I don't know why I put that but I couldn't think of anything else tbh). He gets upset over this and reads the part where he openly admits to having the affair, and he starts to cry. He then goes to their bedroom and looks at the letters Ghirhim sent him from his time in the army when they were still dating for answers and proof of them being in love. When he couldn't really find any concrete evidence, he starts having a breakdown in the bedroom. Zelda, who is his sister through adoption, sees him and gets pissed off at Ghirahim's stupidity. But she couldn't really do anything considering she still had to watch their foster kids, a 16-year-old girl named Shi and a 10-year-old boy named Utsubyō, so she took them away instead so they wouldn't have to watch their dad as he went through his breakdown.

Link eventually stops crying and goes over to the mini fireplace Ghirahim suggested they get so they could have a more romantic mood during dirty times. He ends up taking the letters over to it and throws them into the fire, watching each one individually burn. He thinks about how obsessed Ghirahim is with his legacy and his sister's warning throughout the entire scenario, and as he's setting the letters on fire he thinks about Ghirahim's punishment (sleeping in his office that he already spent countless hours in instead of with his family and loosing the love Link had for him). Then it ends with Link wishing Ghirahim burned like the letters as he set the last one into the fire.

So yeah. All of this came from a single song Lin-Manuel Miranda made for Act 2 of Hamilton. Jesus that musical is heartbreaking near the end. Holy fuck. And I am absolutely obsessed with it. Lol.

Well see you guys later.

Yeah. I'm not done.

I'm thinking about making a book based on the musical but with Zelda characters instead. And yes, the main ship will be Ghiralink. What do you guys think about it? Should I?

Okay. Now seriously I'm gonna go. I have to get some sleep. Lol. See you guys later!