Thank You (BoTW Link x Sick!Reader)

This one was also requested by @smaragdin_unelma. Enjoy!

____________________________________

"ACHOO!"

Link let out a heavy sigh as you sniffled, apologizing for getting germs all over his Champion's Tunic. The blond, being his usual silent self, just smiled at you before leaving the room. He came back a few minutes later, another bowl of chicken soup in his hands.

"Link, you really don't have to do this. You have bigger things to worry about," you frowned, but the hero wasn't having it.

He set the bowl on your lap, motioning for you to eat it. Since the hero felt too stressed due to the Calamity to talk, he instead communicated via sign language. Unfortunately not many people in the land of Hyrule understood it, you being the few percentage that do, and thus he had trouble communicating with others.

You met Link in Hateno Village, where you were born and raised. He was in the goods store shopping for some arrows, and the first thing you noticed about him was his messy hair and the Sheikah Slate resting on his hip. Your grandmother told you stories of the champions from 100 years ago, but you never got to meet them personally because of the tragedy that took place in Hyrule: Calamity Ganon. The beast killed the champions within their Divine Beasts as well as the hero of Princess Zelda. Yet there he was... Standing right in front of you...

You happily introduced yourself to him, and the two of you quickly became good friends. You'd often miss him whenever he left to complete his journey, but he would always return there to visit you. He'd share stories with you about his adventures and surviving in the wild, fighting mobs of monsters and guardians. The tales scared you, if truth be told, but they also fascinated you. You wished with all your heart to join him on his quest. But you knew it was for the best if you stayed behind.

You eventually grew feelings for the blond and it only grew as he progressed in rescuing the deceased champions from those giant machines across the regions of Hyrule. It broke your heart a little, realizing your feelings. You knew that once the princess was saved and Ganon was defeated, everything would go back to the way things were. Link would continue to guard Her Majesty, and you'd never see him again.

Those thoughts alone made you feel sick...literally.

Only about a few days after Link left to free Divine Beast Van Ruta, you caught the flu. It had apparently spread from Kakariko, though their medicine was far more sufficient than your home town's, so they recovered pretty quickly. Your village wasn't so lucky. Many people got sick, but most had recovered during the hero's absence from there. Now it was just you and a few others.

The hero had returned only a week ago to restock his supplies, but after hearing how sick you grew he rushed to your side. For the entirety of his stay you tried to convince him you were fine and he should continue his quest. But Link, being the adorably stubborn man-child he was, refused.

You've been stuck with him ever since.

"Your health is more important to me," he signed.

"More important than Hyrule's safety?"

Link nodded. "Besides, Zelda waited at least a hundred years. I'm sure she won't mind another few weeks or so."

You rolled your eyes at him. It mattered not if she was okay with Link delaying his journey just for you. She was the princess. She should be his priority! And here he was taking care of you. But...you couldn't lie to yourself. You were flattered by this action, and it made you happy that the hero believed you were more important than his job, even though it was irresponsible.

"Now come on. The sooner you eat that soup and rest, the sooner you can recover," he smiled, not even noticing that you were staring off into space. Was he talking that entire time?

Letting out a sigh, you complied with the hero's request and ate the soup he gave you. Not long after you fell asleep, the hero sitting next to you. He gave a gentle smile as he watched you sleep peacefully.

'So cute...' he thought to himself. 'Don't worry, (Y/N)... After this whole thing blows over I promise to never leave you again...'

___________________________________

And that's all I have so far. Well I hope you guys enjoyed this! See ya!