Please Forgive Me (Ghirahim x Injured! Reader)

Requested by: dancypants22

Art by: N/A

Possible trigger warning??? I mean if near death experiences trigger you and stuff then yeah you might not want to read this one.

Other than that enjoy!

______________________________

You walked along the streets of the city by yourself, clutching your crutches so they wouldn't slip out of your hands.. You had just finished visiting your fiance, Ghirahim, and his roommate who is currently attending the same college as you are. His name was Link, and it turned out that he was dating one of the popular girls on campus named Zelda. He wasn't very talkative though. Ghirahim had explained that he was selectively mute, which encouraged you to learn sign language to understand him. You knew Link for about a year now, and you had fun talking to him--which would make the older male jealous considering their little rivalry.

Anyway, you had known Ghirahim since middle school. He was in the eight grade while you were in seventh. Though he was about a year from graduating and heading off into high school, you two became close friends. You were absolutely thrilled when you graduated yourself and got accepted into the same school as him so you two could hang out. By the time you were heading into sophomore year, you developed a crush on him. You didn't want to tell him your feelings at all, feeling too afraid that it'd ruin your friendship, until he asked you out to the prom. You accepted his offer, and that night as you danced to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love" you two shared a kiss, sealing your fates. You two had dated ever since then.

But then came your senior year of high school. You and Ghirahim were out on a date when it had happened. He had just bought you (favorite ice cream flavor) while he got himself chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. You swear, he was such a child at times. But as you two crossed one of the nearby streets to get to the park, ice creams in hand, a car had zoomed by. It was sudden, and you couldn't remember much from that day. All you saw was yourself pushing your taller boyfriend out of the way, and everything went dark after that. The next thing you knew you were in a hospital bed, Ghirahim right next to you in tears as he yelled at you for being so foolish. You didn't regret it though. You were just glad he was alright. As for yourself, your legs were completely broken. The doctors weren't sure what to do with you, and they believed it was possible for them to be permanently destroyed. You were devastated by this. You were practically crippled. No, you were crippled. Though you hoped it was only temporary.

After all, that incident happened only about three months ago. The doctors didn't believe you needed a wheelchair yet, but they said it was best to stay off your feet as much as possible and to come in for weekly check ups. You didn't really want to listen though, but Ghirahim had forced you to obey. That man would argue for days if his opponent refused to give up after the first three hours. You rarely ever won an argument against him.

As for the engagement, it happened about three weeks after you were released from the hospital. Ghirahim had taken you to a little area in the park that was secluded, which was strange for someone as publicly presenting as him. He then proposed to you there, claiming he picked that spot so you wouldn't feel pressured to say yes. He knew how much you hated bringing attention to yourself. You thought it was sweet how he considered your feelings, and thus happily accepted. The wedding was planned for August, which was approaching fast. It was already June, meaning the ceremony was almost a month away. You were starting to feel a mixture of things.

Joy, excitement, anxiousness, fear, worry, and slight hesitation. But didn't every future bride and groom go through that? It was perfectly normal to feel this way before your own wedding. So you didn't really think anything of it.

You let out a sigh as you recalled the day's events on your way home. Link and Ghirahim got into a dispute, only for you to step in and break it up. The thing they were arguing about? Decorations for the wedding. Surprisingly Ghirahim had chosen Link as his best man and to help you with certain decisions for the ceremony. Ghirahim wanted something extravagant for the wedding, but Link argued that you may not be comfortable with what the man had in mind and it would exceed your budget, leaving barely any money for the rest of the ceremony. The argument went on for about two hours, giving you a headache. Luckily the two managed to come to an agreement, only for another topic to be debated: taking you home.

You claimed you were well enough to walk by yourself, considering your dorm wasn't too far from their apartment and it'd only take you about an hour to get there. You had walked longer distances in your freshman year towards your own home. Very rarely would you ever take the bus. Ghirahim wanted to take you home himself, and Link for once agreed that you were in no condition to go home on foot. But you somehow managed to leave the apartment before they could even continue the discussion. But now as you walked, your legs aching in pain as you struggled to keep your crutches underneath you as you traveled down the hill ahead, you started to regret that decision.

You groaned in annoyance as the hill stopped for a moment, only for you to end up crossing another street. You watched as the light blinked, and you tried to speed up to catch it. But it was too late. You sighed out as the light changed, and you were forced to stand there waiting while cars passed by. Soon, there were no more cars and the light had changed back. This put a smile on your face as you crossed the road, until you heard a sudden shout.

"Look out!" someone cried.

You turned your head to see a car speeding towards you. You tried to move out of the way, everything moving in slow motion...

Ω

"Ghirahim, I can take care of myself you know," you pouted.

"Y/N, I don't care if you think you can take care of yourself," your boyfriend argued. "I refuse to let you get hurt again!"

"Ghirahim, it was just an accident! When will you ever let that go?"

"An accident!? You think that guy nearly killing my (girl/boy)friend was an accident!?" he shouted. "He did it on purpose! While you were knocked out for two months, the cops caught the guy. It was my father, Y/N. My dad tried to kill me, and he ended up hurting you! I can't forget that day, not ever, and you expect me to just let it go!?"

"Ghirahim, I know you're pissed that your dad tried hurting you and nearly killed me, but that was months ago! I can handle myself just fine. And what are the odds that it'll happen again?" you shouted back. "I'm leaving by myself and you can't stop me!"

And before he could get another word in, you had already left the apartment, slamming the door behind you in frustration.

Ω

That was your last memory of Ghirahim. That fight would be the last moment you two had together. You felt your heart race as you thought of this. You closed your eyes as you thought to yourself...

"Ghirahim, I'm sorry. Please forgive me... I love you."

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

CRASH!

______________________________

I'm not sorry.