He-Hello There (Ganondorf x Depressed!Reader)

Requested by: dancypants22

This will be my final shot for today. I need to sleep for school tomorrow, and considering I lost my wallet I'll have to bus hop to get to school. Hopefully I don't get into too much trouble. I managed to get away with it the other day, but it's not wise to test the waters too many times. Someone will come along and have no tolerance for it.

Anyway, you guys know the drill for x Readers. Enjoy!

Also trigger warning: depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.

Set in a modern AU. Art done by warningyou on DeviantArt.

______________________________

You sat alone in the cafeteria yet again for the 159th time in the school year. You stared at your lunch, uninterested in eating at all. Not only would whatever they served you give you too many calories, but you were pretty positive it'd poison you. You wanted to die, but you weren't that desperate. If you died, you'd prefer it to be peaceful and classy.

You let out a sigh as you pushed the tray away from yourself, only keeping the one chocolate chip cookie. You wanted to stay thin, but you also needed food to drown your sorrows.

Currently you were staring at your present crush: Ganondorf Dragmire. The tough guy of the school.

Your friends Link, Zelda, and Midna didn't really like him, but you honestly didn't see any problem with the guy. He didn't cause any real trouble besides having his own little posse consisting of the weirdest guys in the school. The first one to join his side was the infamous fashionista known as Ghirahim. Most assumed he was a girl because of his feminine appearance, and others thought he was gay. Only the latter turned out to be true. The guy would often flirt with Link to mess with him, and you secretly shipped it. He was also the most famous drug dealer in school. Weed, pills, cocaine, cigs... You name it, he'd give it to you. For a price of course.

The second was the nerdy Zant, Midna's cousin. She despised him, not because he was on Ganon's side but because he was always so weird. People gossiped about him the most, some claiming he had mental health issues and grew up in an asylum. When asked if any of these were true, Midna would just tell them to shut up and walk away. That started yet another rumor: since Midna's family was pretty famous, Zant's mental health made him an embarrassment to them. This only made you feel bad for the poor guy. Then again, he was always laughing and spinning around, calling Ganondorf a god and whatnot. That was admittingly strange...

The third was that art kid named Yuga. He was in art class with Ravio, Link's twin brother, and Hilda, Zelda's childhood friend. He was weird, always just randomly walking up to people and asking them if he could paint a portrait of them. It was creepy to say the least...

Finally there was Vaati, the hottest bad boy in the school. He wasn't all that attractive in your eyes, though you had to admit he did look good with that mysterious look he always went for, but all the other girls in the school swooned over him. He had a sort of rivalry with Ghirahim for having the most fabulous hair, or so the rumor went, which was why the two always glared at each other whenever they were in the same room. Another rumor said he and Ghirahim were step-brothers, and Ghirahim hated Vaati for stealing his father Demise's attention after he was born (everyone already knew Demise had cheated on Ghirahim's mother when he was young, resulting in him getting a step-sibling, but nobody knew who the child or woman was). Either way, their relationship was not healthy.

Finally there was Ganondorf himself. He was the only child of Demise and the business man's first wife before the young woman died in a car accident not even a year after his birth. He was a quiet guy, but overall intimidating due to his large height. Everyone avoided him as much as possible, except for you. You were always into mystery and the darkest secrets this world had to hide ever since you were younger. Angsty? Yes. But all of it was a form of coping for you. You didn't feel alone whenever you'd read something related to Creepypasta or listen to one of your favorite bands like BVB or Linkin Park. It made you happy and feel welcomed, the total opposite of how your family treated you.

They were the reason you hated yourself. It was their fault you wanted to kill yourself or just drop dead in the middle of the street. They made you feel unwanted, unloved, and most of all not good enough for anything. Your 95.6 grade average? Nothing compared to your cousin who had a 98.7 average when he was in high school. Your talent for writing short stories and drawing amazing pictures of anime guys and girls? Useless and won't get you far in life. They thought it was better for you to be a politician or doctor, though you didn't give a single fuck about politics or science. Hell, you didn't even like people.

Now, I know you're asking, "how the fuck did I manage to develop a crush on someone my friends don't even like and hangs out with a few of the worst people in school?" Well, dear reader, it all happened in history class one day. You made your way through the door of the classroom that morning, interrupting your teacher Ms. Sawyer in the middle of her lesson about some guy named Lafayette who helped in some kind of war. You really didn't care.

Someone had taken your seat, that someone being Ghirahim who took it just to flirt with Link like usual. Ms. Sawyer forced you to sit next to Ganondorf, and since you forgot your textbook he offered to share his just for the lesson. You gladly accepted his offer, and you grew curious about him ever since. That curiosity grew into interest, which in turn turned into a crush.

It had been like this ever since that day, and you didn't know how to stop it. All you knew was that you liked him and you wanted to be with him. But that'd never happen. He'd never noticed a loser like you.

You let out a sigh at this, hating the fact that nothing would change your mind about not being good enough for anything. You got up, carrying the tray of gross food with you towards the garbage to throw it out. As you made your way over to the trash can by the exit of the cafeteria, you ended up dozing off and bumped into someone, causing you to fall on your behind and spill some of the food on you and the other person.

"S-Sorry," you apologized, not wanting any sort of conflict with whoever you just spilled half eaten mashed potato on. "I-I'll try being more ca-careful next time."

You immediately got up to dust the potatoes off your clothes and pick up the tray, attempting to scoop as much of the mushy food onto it as possible. Suddenly, a large hand made contact with yours, making you look up. Your eyes then widen at who was standing there.

"Need help?" Ganondorf asked you.

You felt yourself blush at his presence, causing him to give you a weird look.

"Oh-Oh... Uh... He-Hello there. Uh, ye-yes, thank you!" you stuttered, wanting to slap yourself for making you look stupid in front of your crush.

Ganondorf grinned in response as he bent down to help pick up the mess with you. You both threw out the remains of the mashed potato and turned to ones another.

"You might want to get yourself cleaned up," he stated calmly, referring to your messy outfit that now smelled of tatters and oil.

This made your face flush. "Oh-Oh! Ri-Right. Uh... Se-See you later then!"

Before the guy could even respond, you ran off towards the office to find someone to help you get cleaned up. Once you were far away enough, you stopped to catch your breath, your face still pink.

"I can't believe that just happened..." you told yourself before sighing and moving on towards the office.

Meanwhile...

"I can't believe that just happened," Ghirahim snickered from behind his step-brother, causing Ganondorf to blush. "Looks like someone's got a little crush on the loner girl~"

"I swear to God, Ghirahim, I will throw you into the recycling bin if you don't shut up," the taller male retorted before exiting the cafeteria. Oh, how he hated his younger sibling for teasing him all the damned time...