How Could You? (Part 2)

This one was requested by that_gay_bean.

Slight triggers I guess??? I don't know.

Just a heads up: shit gets emotional.

Well enjoy!

______________________________

Zelda's gentle smile faded into a scowl as she heard the door to the house click open, meaning Ghirahim had just gotten back home. She looked over at the children trying her best to hide her obvious anger.

"Kids, why don't you go up to your rooms," she told them.

"But why is Papa upset?" asked the younger one.

"Don't worry, he'll feel better soon. Just...let me talk to your father real quick."

The two children nodded before rushing up the stairs to their rooms. Just in time too as Ghirahim had walked into the room. His eyes widened in surprise to see the blonde girl standing in his room.

"Zelda? What are you doing here?" he asked her.

Zelda turned to look at the demon, her glare hard and cold as she grit her teeth in fury. "How could you?"

"What are you-"

But he had not time to even question her, for Zelda had stomped up to him and gave him a good, hard slap across the face. He stared back in shock at the woman, a bright red hand mark on his cheek.

"How could you have done this!?" she shouted at him, tears threatening to spill from her blue eyes. "He loved you, he gave you a home, and if it wasn't for him my father would have ordered for your death a long time ago! And how do you repay him? How do you repay his kindness and affection, and for providing you a home and family?"

Zelda clenched her fist as she spat harshly, "You cheat on him. You cheat on him here, in his own home, while we were gone. We told you to take a damned break, Ghirahim! But you refused. Now look where it got us..."

"Zelda, please-"

"Shut the fuck up you disgusting excuse of a husband!" she retorted. "You've invented a new kind of stupid... A damage you can never undo kind of stupid. An open all the cages in the zoo king of stupid!"

She then chuckled as her gaze fell to the ground, not even wanting to look at the horrible demon her beloved brother and closest friend had married. "Truly, you didn't think this through? How stupid..."

Zelda then lifted her head, her ocean eyes still cold as she looked at Ghirahim. He could only stare back, clear guilt written all over his face at her words. He knew what he did was wrong, and yet he continued to go through with the affair.

"Well, congratulations! You've done it! Whatever you were trying to achieve, preserving that stupid legacy of yours, you've done it! But let me ask you a question," she went on,turning around to look down at the rug beneath them.  "Was it worth making Link hurt? He's having a mental breakdown as we speak in your bedroom. Was having this affair and telling the public just so you could protect your damned legacy really worth my brother's heartbreak? Was it all worth Link's suffering!? Was it-"

"Just shut up for Hylia's sake!" Ghirahim finally shouted at Zelda. "I did this as an act of political sacrifice!"

Zelda froze at his words for a moment, only for her to start chuckling sadly the next second. "Sacrifice? You don't know sacrifice..."

The blonde girl swiftly faced the demon once more, tears streaming down her face as she kept her gaze on the floor. "I now languish in a loveless marriage uptown just to please my father, and I live everyday just to be able to hear from you two. I look at you and Link and wonder: what have we done with our lives and what did it get us? But that won't wipe the tears away, nor the years, and I'm back here in the city. And you know what? I'm going to stay."

Ghirahim was about to open his mouth to say something, but was immediately silenced as Zelda raised her hand to tell him 'silence'.

"But I'm not here for you," she said bluntly. "I know Link like I know my own mind, and you'll never find anyone as kind or as trusting as him. And a million years ago he said to me 'This one's mine'."

Zelda continued to silently weep, remembering the day she lost her beloved crush to this demon. Yes, she was legally Link's sister, but it wasn't always like that. They were childhood friends, the blond's father being close to her own before he and his wife passed. She developed a crush on him by the time they were eight, and after the adoption she kept it a secret. Especially so when they met Ghirahim, and Link was absolutely smitten with him.

"I loved him, and I wanted him to be happy, so I stood by. Do you know why? Because I love Link more than anything in this life!" she exclaimed, glaring at the demon with all the hatred she could muster and  her voice cracking as tears suddenly exploded from her eyes. "I'll choose his happiness over mine every single time! Link is the best thing in our lives, so don't you ever loose sight of the fact that you have been blessed with the greatest, most loving husband in the world!"

Zelda then turned around, heading up the stairs. But after climbing the first three steps she halted. "Congratulations, Ghirahim. From now on, for the rest of your life, every sacrifice you make is for my brother and your family. Give them nothing but the best life."

She then turned around to look at Ghirahim over her shoulder. "Congratulations."

And with that, Zelda walked up the stairs to Link's bedroom to comfort him, leaving Ghirahim alone in the living room to think about what he had done.

______________________________

Sorry for taking a long while. I'm dealing with a lot, and it seems that every weekend I'm getting sick. I might have to see a doctor, but then again I lost my insurance card when I lost my wallet on the bus the other day. My life is just wonderful...

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this update, and check out the song at the top! It's really good, and written by Lin-Manuel Miranda (who also got another kid who was born yesterday!  Congrats to his family!). It's a cut song from his musical Hamilton, but it would've been great to see it on the stage. Idk why it had to be cut... ;-;

Well, see you guys later!