Six

Clarke's POV

After another awkward morning with mom I finally make it to school. I reach my first class of the day and sit in my usual seat. Setting my bag down I see a note sticking out the top. I furrow my eyebrows picking it up and unfolding it. It yet again has my name in calligraphy on the front of the envelope.

My sweet, sweet Clarke.

I love the way you go about your everyday life. The way you walk through the halls of school. The way you bite your lip when you're writing in class. Or when you tap your foot when in an uncomfortable situation. All these little things make you even more beautiful than you already are. And don't even mention when you sway your hips while listening to your favorite music. It gets me all.... riled up. I can't wait until I can finally have you as my own, I know you are anxious too my darling, but we must wait. Worry not, it will be soon. I love you so much Clarke. I'd do anything for you, I'd slaughter a thousand people if it only brought a smile to your face. Always remember that I am watching.

        With deepest affections
                                     Your lover.

I cover my mouth and look around my class trying to see who this could be. No one looks suspicious, but how often do guilty people actually look suspicious.

I knew right then that I wasn't going to be able to pay attention to any of my classes today.

_______________________

I'm sitting in my last class of the day just staring at the clock wishing it would go faster.

I keep wondering who could have left the note. Each person I walk past looks more suspicious than the last.

I'm brought out of my train of thought at my name being called.

"Yes sir?" I reply wide eyed.

Mr.Smith chuckles at me. "You will be paired with Victor for your project."

"Oh." I look to my right to see a boy, I'm assuming Victor, waving at me. I smile shyly and make my way over to him.

"Hey! I don't think we've ever been paired together before but this should be fun." He displays a toothy grin. " yeah I'm sure it will." I tuck some of my hair behind my ear looking down.

"Here." He pats the seat next to him and I sit down.

After working on our project together for a good deal of time it's almost time for the bell to ring.

"Okay so I was thinking you could come to my house after school to work on this, is that okay with you?" He leans forward slightly.

Well mom won't be home till after midnight anyways. "Sure." I smile. His face breaks out into a huge grin. "Great! I'll give you a ride then."

"Sounds good to me." He just sits there smiling at me. I start getting uncomfortable under his gaze but the bells rings causing me to spring out of my seat and down the hall.

Me and Victor have gone to the same school since the beginning, but we never hung out. He's a nice guy and all I'm just not that social. The older we got the better looking he turned out. He has black hair styled into a quiff, sharp jaw line, His caramel eyes are framed by laugh lines. He also got buffer over the years, he stands pretty tall, the top of my head only comes to his jaw.

I walk up to my locker un lock it to find roses inside. I gasp looking around. The card reads "To my Clarke."

A fearful shiver runs down my spine and someone puts their hand on my shoulder. I jerk away and turn only to find Victor.

"Whoa didn't mean to startle you there." He smiles apologetically down at me. " no it's fine I just didn't see you there." I chuckle nervously.

He smiles and then looks at the roses over my shoulder. " Oh, who are those from?" He says with a huge smile on his face. Seriously, does this guy know any other facial expression? "Oh no one, wrong locker I guess." His smile immediately drops. Okay?

"Oh I see, well are you ready to head to my house?"

"Sure thing." I sling my bag over my shoulder and we head towards the exit.

"What time do you need to be home by?" He askes as we walk up to his truck. He opens the door for me causing a blush to rise. I'm not used to someone doing sweet little things for me.

I look at my watch, it's 3:48. "No later than 5:00." I lie.

It's nothing personal against him, I just don't wanna be out with him all night, especially since today is the first time we've ever actually talked.

"Okay I'll make sure you are in your house by five." He smiles big pulling out of the parking lot.

_______________________

After about an hour me and Victor pretty well have our project done. Turns out we make a great team.

"So would you like to um.. " Victor scratches the back of his neck, slightly squinting his eyes. "hang out until you have to leave? Or I could go ahead and take you home. Don't feel pressured." I giggle at his nervousness.

"That sounds great." He sighs and looks in my eyes. And keeps looking. Okay is he going to say anything?

He starts talking when I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head. "Lets go downstairs, I'll introduce you to my dad." I nod and we make our way downstairs.

We walk into a office to see a man probably in his mid fourtys sitting behind a desk. He has black hair as well, only his is curly and he has a beard. He pretty much looks like an older version of his son. "Hello father, this is my friend Clarke. Clarke this is my father." I stick my hand out to his father to which the gladly accepts. "It's very nice to meet you sir." I quickly try to retract my hand from his but he gives it a light squeeze keeping me in place. I awkwardly cough and he lets go.

"It's very nice to meet you as well my dear." He smiles and looks over at Victor. "Son why have you never brought Clarke over before?"

"We just kinda started talking today, we've known each other forever, we just never really hung out. We got teamed today for a project so we were just working on that."

His father leans back in his chair and smiles at me. "Well I'm glad I have the pleasure." I smile and look down. I can tell where Victor gets his smiling habit.

Victor pulls his phone out while his dad still has his eyes on me. "Well it's getting close to five, I guess I'll go ahead and take you home." He smiles at me.

"Okay, goodbye sir, it's nice to meet you." I gave a small wave. He stood up adjusting his suit jacket and walked over to us. "Me too Clarke, I hope to see more of you very soon." I nod and follow Victor down the hall to the front door, with his father hot on my heels.

We get in the truck and drive towards my house with his father waving goodbye standing by the door.

_______________________

"Thank you for the ride, I had a nice time." I get out of his truck ready to be in the comfort of my own home.

"No problem, maybe we could do this again sometime? Only with no homework?" He scratches the back of his neck again. I bite my lip and nod. He grins ear to ear.

"Well, see ya later." I wave.

I step inside the front door and close it immediately leaning against the inside.

What have I gotten myself into?

(A/N) Vote and comment if you liked it. I can't explain how much it helps. I'm having way to much fun with this book.

Anyways, than you so much to the few people out there reading my book. It means the world to me!

Have a great day! 💐

-Jo