Eleven

Clarke's POV

I squint trying to see who's in the passenger seat of Oliver's truck only to gasp when I see it's my mother. No, I can't deal with all of this right now. I start to walk away but I'm held back by Mason. "You're gonna have to deal with them sooner or later. I'm sorry little one." He whispers.

I close my eyes, mentally preparing myself for what's to come. I turn around and get into the back of his truck. After closing the door my mother turns to me with a smile plastered on her face. "Hello dear how was school?"

I give her a questioning look "It went fine... its school." She laughed.

Mom never laughs at anything I ever say.

I look up and meet Olivers eyes watching me through his mirror. I send a harsh glare his way but he only chuckles in response.

"You're probably wondering what I'm doing here." My mother laughs. I  slouch down into my seat while crossing my arms. "Well I have the rest of the week off." Oh okay? That's surprising because my mother is a workaholic.

"Oh that's nice." I look out the window and watch houses as we drive by. "Since Oliver is moving in soon I figured we could all have dinner out this time. Have some family bonding time. Don't you think that sounds lovely sweetheart?"

"Yeah that sounds great." My tone holds no enthusiasm. Where's Mason? I haven't felt him since I got in the truck. I start patting the seat beside me looking for him. I start to panic when I can't find him but then feel feathery wings surround me. I jump but then close my eyes, basking in the comfort I'm feeling right now. I feel him put his face into my neck, placing light kisses.

"Where would you like to eat dear?" My mother inquires from the front seat. "I don't know... pat's?"

"No." Oliver says out of nowhere. Me and my mother both look at him in confusion while he just continues driving. I can feel Mason tracing patterns on my back with his finger while he holds me tight against him with his wings.

"Why not? It was great last time we went." I look at Oliver through his rear view mirror. "The service was horrible." He shrugs like it's nothing. He just wants to avoid Dylan.

______________________

After a few minutes of discussion, mainly between my mother and Oliver, it was decided we would go to a 50's style diner in town.

We walk in and sit at a booth. My mother sits across from me. I tense when Oliver scoots in beside me. "Why aren't you sitting beside me dear?" My mother asks in confusion. I look over at him with a 'yeah why don't you sit beside her' face. He reaches over and grabs her hand "because I want to see your beautiful eyes." Mom blushes and giggles like a schoolgirl.

The waitress takes our orders and then leaves. All I want to do is get out of this uncomfortable situation. "Clarke," I look up and both my mothers and Oliver's eyes are on me. "We want to talk about living arrangements." Oh fun.

"Oliver works from home so you both will have a lot of time to get to know each other better, to get close." Oliver places his hand on my thigh. "Yeah we will be able to get much closer." I look up in shock, expecting my mother to say something but she can't see what's happening because of the table clothe.

I push his hand off my thigh only for it to return with a harsher grip. When I stop resisting his grip loosens and he starts rubbing up and down my inner thigh. I feel so disgusted right now.

______________________

After a very uncomfortable dinner we headed home and I immediately ran upstairs to my room. I close my bedroom door and I throw my hands up to my hair and start crying. Mason appears in front of me looking frantic. He picks me up, I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck sobbing into his shoulder. "Shh angel it's alright, I won't let that man hurt you. Calm down, it's fine."

I pull my head back and look at him fixing to speak but am cut off by a knock at the door. Me and Mason both look that way. After a few seconds I shimmy my way down to the floor, Mason reluctantly lets me go and stands behind me and then goes invisible.

I open the door and immediately try to shut it once I see who it is, but the door is caught by Olivers foot.

"What's wrong honey? Don't want to see me?"

______________________

I whimper when daddy walks out of my room. He just got done yelling at me because he was mad at mommy. I slowly rub my cheek where he slapped me, letting a few tears fall.

I look over and see Ton-ton standing in the corner by the window. He was out having a meeting with some of the other angels. Apparently they have to to that every once in awhile.

He just got back in time to see daddy walking out of the room.

He's breathing really heavy and he turned over to his other self. Ton-ton told me that when he gets really angry or protective his "other side" comes out. He told me I shouldn't be afraid when this happens because it only means I'm safer. I walk up to him as he slides down the wall. I climb onto his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.

He seems really upset so I should comfort him.

"What-what did he do to you? Did he hurt you?" He rushes out in panic, cupping my face into his hands turning it side to side looking me over.

"No Ton-ton I'm fine." He relaxes for a second but starts tensing back up once he sees my cheek.

He turns my head "did he do this to you?! He left a bruise!" He starts breathing heavily, his chest heaving up and down. He starts rubbing his hands all over my small body. "I'm sorry Clarke, I'm so so sorry." He starts sobbing. I've never seen Ton-ton cry.

I run my hands through his hair and nuzzle my face into his shoulder, trying to calm him down. "It's okay Ton-ton I promise." I whisper. I wipe his tears away and kiss his cheeks over and over. "Please don't cry Ton-ton."

No matter what I do I can't seem to calm him down. The only thing left to try is to kiss him, on the lips. I saw a movie once where a girl kissed a boy and he was happy afterwards . Mommy said it's a special kiss that makes people feel better. And all I want is for Ton-ton to feel better.

I lean up and place a soft kiss on Ton-tons trembling lips. His eyes widen and his breathing slowed down. I pull away with a big smile on my face. I made him feel better!

He looks down at me for a second before pulling me up and hugging me tight against him. "I love you so much angel."

(A/N) Just so everyone knows she's four at this last part. Hope you liked it! Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you guys!
-Jo🥀