Episode 18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe sighs as his mother helps him down on the couch as he curses under his breath because of his aches. He quickly lies down getting it over with and the pain coming all at once grunting afterwards, he looks up at his mom who has clear worry on her face watching her son being in pain just by laying down on the couch, he sighs.

"I'm fine mom." He says assuring her, she nods.

"I'll get you a drink." She says before wondering off. Joe sighs remembering the scenes of the day before, being hit by a drunk driver but not even hard enough to make him fall unconscious being awake while his right arm is being crushed by the impact. He looks down at the pot covering his arm seeing a few names but not the name he really wants there, he wishes Demi could be here and help him recover rather than his mother. Denise walks back through with a glass of water placing it on the coffee table before helping him sit up then passing the glass to him. Joe takes a couple of gulps before passing her the glass back. It's his birthday tomorrow and he will be in nothing but pain, he's turning 20 and feeling old already with plenty of body pains including back but more than anything he wants to see Demi on her 17th but it's not gonna happen. His mother wonders off back into the kitchen and he sighs seeing him being alone now but it doesn't last too long, soon Nick walks through holding onto Caitlin's hand.

"Hi Joe, you okay?" Caitlin asks as they take a seat on the chairs either side of the couch which Joe is laid on attempting to get comfortable.

"As okay as I can get in this situation." Joe says and they laugh a bit.

"I called Demi for you." Nick states and he glares at her.

"I told you not to." He says and Nick shrugs.

"I did anyway." Joe groans again not wanting her to worry about but knows that's probably what's she's doing. He closes his eyes just wanting to go to sleep, he soon feels a blanket covering his body probably by his mother helping him drift off to sleep.

Demi wonders into school a couple of weeks later with Sel, Miley and Taylor making their way to the gym as that is where everyone's been told to go. Demi had her birthday and opened the present from

Joe she has been anxious about most soon revealing a teddy bear she was awing at in the mall one time, she now sleeps with it every night by her side knowing it has his touch on it. She was expecting something expensive even though she begged not to. This is the last place she wants to be right now which is not helping with how much she misses Joe.

Demi makes her way into her first lesson which she has with only Sel and Miley leaving Taylor being on her own. They take a seat after greeting their math teacher which they had last year anyway. Demi's happy she has most of the same teachers knowing they will help her get her predicted grades at the end of the year. They begin talking to the teacher about their summers while the room fills up when they start learning. Demi feels someone kick their chair and turns around rolling her eyes when she sees Amy.

"Kick my chair again and you'll need surgery to remove it from your fat ass." Demi snaps and Sel and Miley laugh along with some other students who also hate Amy for her bitchiness.

"Did it that take you all summer to come up with?" Amy teases. 

"Yeah because I spent my summer thinking of you didn't I." Demi says sarcasm clear in her tone.

"I bet you spent your summer studying like the nerd you are." She mumbles. 

"Actually she had a great summer with..." Sel begins but soon gets interrupted by  Demi.

"Don't tell her, she doesn't need to know." She says and they all turn back around facing the front, Amy raises her eyebrow in confusion.

"Know what?" She demands but they just ignore her getting on with their working smirking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments for next one, sorry it's late, woke up then fell back to sleep haha