Episode 49

Morning :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe pulls up outside his apartment helping Oliver and Ashton out the car before grabbing their bag which he placed on the front seat. He motions them to go into the building and they run off Joe meeting them at the elevator. They make their way into the penthouse Joe putting their bag in the room they have when they're here before setting them up watching TV. He opens the door that was just knocked on revealing Miley, he's become quite close to Sel, Miley and Taylor over the years but Miley more than any of them.

"Hi Joe." She greets kissing his cheek before letting herself in.

"Come in." Joe says and she laughs.

"How are you?" She asks as they make their way through into the living room Miley greeting Oliver and Ashton before taking a seat in the kitchen. Joe shrugs, everyone has noticed he's not been the same since Demi broke it off with him. She was the one who did it, Joe was being serious when he said he loved her and that he would never break it off. Demi wasn't though. Joe wants more than anything to get back with her, that's what he says when Demi isn't around. Everyone else thinks that he hasn't mourned properly and got over Faith. They have tried and tried to get him to go to a counsellor and get it sorted but he's having none of it.

"I've been alright I guess, work has been quiet which I suppose is a good thing in a hospital." Joe states and she can't help but laugh.

"Yeah it is, how long you got the boys for?" She questions.

"I'm dropping them off tomorrow morning before work." He states placing the banana he just chopped up for the boys in a bowl wondering into the living room giving it to them before making his way back into the kitchen.

"You wanna take them to the park in a bit?" She questions and he nods beginning to make coffee for them. He kind of wishes he moved back home or at least found his own place back in Florida because he doesn't see enough of his parents or brothers, he knows then he wouldn't see his sons as much and won't be one of those dad's who just never sees their children. "You should really start dating again."

"No I really shouldn't, I don't have time for it." He states.

"Or are you just not over Demi." She states back and he sighs slumping down on one of the chairs.

"Of course I'm not, she broke it off not me." He states the memories of the whole scene replying in his mind over and over again. The shouting they were doing, Demi screaming at him to leave, Joe leaving the house after giving his crying sons a kiss. Luckily they were only a couple of months old when they broke up so they don't know any different.

"You need a break Joe, go visit your parents or something."

"I don't have time to relax, I have work and my sons." Joe states running his fingers through his short black hair.

"If you're not going to listen to everyone around you what's the point?" Miley stresses beginning to leave.

"Miley." Joe states hoping she will stop.

"No Joe." She says before walking out his apartment. Joe sighs wanting to follow her but knows he will get a face full of shouting so leaves it going to join his sons who are watching SpongeBob. He smiles slightly when Ashton climbs onto his lap. He wraps his arm around him making sure he doesn't fall flat on his face.

"Daddy." Oliver says making him look down at him.

"Ashton is ill." He states and Joe raises his eyebrow looking down at his youngest son seeing he seems perfectly normal, he shrugs it off knowing how young they are and Ollie probably just heard it from somewhere copying it. It stays on his mind for the rest of the day and night just trying to get his mind around everything. That night was a sleepless night like how Joe spends a lot of his nights  staring up at the ceiling alone thinking about where his life is going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 or 3 comments for next one :)