Episode 54

Sorry about yesterday, my internet seems to be working a bit better this morning :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe wakes up the next morning laid on his hospital bed trying to remember what happened the night before but he couldn't. His eyes wonder all of the room noticing nobody about like normal, he sighs shifting on his bed so he's on his left side letting his eyes droop back down.

"Alone again." He mumbles before attempting to drift back to sleep, it doesn't work. He doesn't even move when he hears the door open knowing it will probably just be some doctor coming to check in on him. All the memories of the night before come flooding back into his mind, finding out his youngest son has cancer, admitting to Demi how he has been feeling over the past couple of years. He can't help but feel alone and he knows probably trying to socialise around a bit more will help, he feels as if nobody around him knows the real him. They haven't been with him much more over four years of his life, all he really wants and need is his family. He feels the person who walked in sit on the seat beside him beginning to stroke his hair as his back is facing them, that was the moment he knew exactly who it was. He'd be able to make out her touch from anyway. He stays still for a while just enjoying her being with her once again.

"What am I going to do with you Joseph." Denise mumbles and he smiles slightly closing his eyes again slowly drifting back off to sleep knowing he's not alone anymore hopefully also knowing his dad and brothers are here too.

Demi wonders through the hall with Nick and Kevin so they can see their ill nephew. Neither Ashton or Oliver hasn't met them properly probably since they were still small babies so Demi doesn't know how he will react to them, he's always been a bit shy around new people but if Demi explains that they are his Uncles he should be fine with them. Demi had called Denise early that morning explaining to her how Joe had been feeling and she said that they all would be on the first flight over, he needs his family more than ever at the moment. They were deep in conversation about something by the time they found themselves at the children's ward but they stop the conversation as soon as they see a little boy that looks a lot like their brother. Ashton's glance moves from the TV as soon as he sees his mom at the door but then his expression changes slightly into worry not knowing who the two men are with her.

"Should we wait here and you tell him who we are?" Kevin suggests and Demi nods walking over sitting on the end of the bed.

"Morning baby," Demi greets kissing his head. "Those are your Uncles, daddy's brothers," Demi tells him and his expression relaxes making her smile gently. "Are they okay to come over?" Demi questions and he nods his head gently. Demi motions them to come over and they walk over greeting their nephew beginning to gain him into a conversation letting him know that they aren't scary people and that he can trust them. Ashton soon warms up to them beginning to play with them with some of the toys that Demi had brought over for him. 

"I wonder how it's going with Joe." Nick states.

"He'll be fine now Mom's there." Kevin restates poking Ashton in the stomach making him squeal pushing his hand away.

"Did he used to drink before we met?" Demi questions and they shake their head.

"Never, I don't know where he got the idea from." Kevin states.

"One time her tried it and pulled a gross face so mom thought she was safe away from but obviously not." Nick explains and Demi sighs leaning against the wall which the bed is against, she just wants everything to be back to normal. Even if she does have to get back with Joe, one thing she promised herself she wouldn't do. She just doesn't want to see him like this yet she doesn't want to argue with him at the same time and that was the reason they broke up in the first place. She has some thinking to do, what's best for her, Joe and he sons. 

"I'm going for a walk, keep an eye on him." Demi states climbing up leaving the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments for next one xx