Episode 20

What you have been waiting for :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe sighs throwing his phone on his bed before making his way downstairs into the kitchen grabbing a water bottle before taking a seat next to his mom who is sat at the island reading a magazine that Joe recognises as one of her monthly ones she buys. She looks up from her magazine when she hears a sigh realise from her son's mouth.

"What's wrong?" Denise questions putting the magazine down on the counter keeping the pages separated so she knows where to start off next time looking at him.

"Demi's being picked on at school and begging me to go over but I have my own studies." Joe admits starting to feel a bit depressed know his girlfriend is upset and he isn't there to comfort her. The only thing stopping him going over now is the fact he knows she has three best friend probably doing what he wants to do.

"When are you planning on visiting?" Denise asks.

"I was planning once she's settled into school for a couple of weeks but I don't know whether I should just go early." Joe admits.

"Talk to your tutor." Denise suggests and Joe nods getting up making his way upstairs to phone his tutor. He knows he has a section on the course where he has to speak in front of a school about medical and things so he might be able to do that at Demi's school rather than his old one as planned. All he wants to do is be with Demi and he will get around it either way , he will see Demi and it will be over the next couple of months.

Joe hangs up his phone smiling throwing it on the bed, he makes his way downstairs letting his mom know the answer. He can go as said to do the unit where he will have to talk in-front of some students, good job he's out going.

"When you leaving?" Denise questions.

"Um as soon as possible I guess." Joe says.

"Aren't you better of waiting for the pot to come off?" Denise questions and Joe's eyes wonder down the blue plaster covering his arm helping it to heal. He shrugs deciding he can't wait to see his girlfriend and just wants to kiss her and hold her in his arms again, be able to tell her how much he loves her since he didn't have much time before only telling her 2 days before she left his side. The only problem is he'd have to get the pot of when he's there.

"Why don't you take Nick with you? He can study over there." Denise suggests and Joe nods loading his laptop up planning to get the next flight to Dallas to surprise his girlfriend.

Nick strolls through the door slipping of his shoes and dumping his bag down on the floor making his way into the kitchen. Joe gets up passing him a plane ticket he went to collect earlier, Nick glances down at him seeing it's going to Dallas.

"You off to see Demi?" Nick guesses until Joe held up his own plane ticket. "We're off to see Demi?" Nick guesses again and Joe chuckles nodding his head.

"Tomorrow morning." Joe states taking the ticket back placing it on the side putting the cookie jar on top so they won't blow away in the wind, he's not risking that.

"What about school?" Nick questions and Joe picks up a bunch of books and papers dumping them down in his arms laughing when Nick groans.

"2 weeks we're staying, mom's booked us penthouse in a hotel." Joe states and Nick nods dumping the books back down on the side.

"Better go pack." He says before making his way upstairs. Joe already packed just wanting to get off but in reality it's gonna take another day for him to see her at least. Joe sits back down on the barstool texting back to Demi as best he can with a broken arm but decides it's just easier for him to call her and hear the sound of her voice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments for next one :)