Episode 29

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe wonders into the hotel a couple of hours later hoping Nick will have stopped studying so they can have a talk. If Joe is staying in Texas there's not much of a point him staying anymore when he could be learning a lot more at school. Demi had told her dad about the baby with Joe and he isn't thrilled about it but is accepting the truth, as Joe said holding a grudge won't get rid of that baby. Joe slumps down on the chair next to Demi who is now watching some movie.

"You may as well go home," Joe states and Nick looks over confused. "Demi is pregnant and I told mom earlier, she didn't take it well." He explains leaving Nick in a bit of shock.

"What did she say?" Nick questions and Joe begins explaining the whole conversation he had with his mom on the phone a couple of hours earlier. He is still upset about it but if she's going to act like that he doesn't want his child anywhere near her anyway.

"Mom doesn't seem the type to do that?" Nick states and Joe shrugs.

"She said it, I'm staying her with Demi." He states back and Nick nods.

"Guess I better go pack, you want me to send your stuff over?" Nick asks and Joe shakes his head.

"I've got just about everything besides a couple of clothes but I'll just buy more." He says and Nick wonders into the bedroom. Joe takes a deep breath in deciding to switch his phone back on gaining many missed calls and messages from his mom, he doesn't bother opening them or calling her back. It takes all the strength inside for him to block his own mother's number. He lays back down on the couch bringing his knees up to his chest in comfort.

Joe makes his way into Demi's house or he guesses his house now after seeing Nick off, he is officially by himself, none of his family as close as they should be, all of them being at least a 2 hour plane ride. Luckily he has Demi, he couldn't imagine what it would be like if he didn't have her. 

"Your mom is trying hard to call you Joe." Dianna says as he walks into the living room, he shrugs and slumps down on the couch.

"I don't care, I don't want to talk to her." He grumbles.

"She's your mom Joe, you have to talk to her." Demi encourages but he shakes his head.

"I don't have to and I won't." He demands. 

"Give him some time sweetie." Dianna whispers into Demi's ear and she nods leaning her head on his shoulder. Joe can't help but smile and kiss her head. Dianna smiles too leaving the room so they can talk, Demi will take her advice and leave Joe to think about what he really wants from his mom but she can't help but want him to sort things out with her. She doesn't want her son or daughter being born into a world where he or she won't see their Grandmother because their dad is fighting with their own mom. She knows how stubborn he can be sometimes though. Demi connects her eyes back on the TV still leaning against his shoulder while Joe is slowly dropping off to sleep. Demi allows him though since it's been a tough couple of days for him. She smiles when she hears soft snores coming from him. She gets up covering him with a blanket before making her way into the kitchen where her mother is just about to plate up dinner.

"You may want to cover Joe's up and put it in microwave." Demi states starting to help.

"Why?" Dianna questions.

"He's just fallen asleep, he's had a tough couple of days so I thought I'd let him." Dianna nods carrying on with the task. They soon find themselves sat at the dinner table with Eddie eating.

"Have you got a doctor's appointment Dem?" Eddie questions taking a sip of water.

"Yeah tomorrow, I hope Joe will be happier afterwards." She admits.

"Just give him time, he's obviously upset about his mom." Dianna encourages and Demi nods.

"What happened with that anyway?" Eddie asks and Demi begins explaining what Joe had told her when she was trying to comfort him. She can understand why she is so upset, she knows she would be if she was in his position but one problem. She doesn't like to see him upset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last of the night

I will upload in morning IF I have 3 comments