Episode 48

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~4 Years Later~

Joe sighs climbing out of his car and into Demi's house wondering whether she will let him have his sons on such short notice. He always has to do it this way not knowing when his days off will be or even having to drop them off when he gets called in. He makes his way up the overgrown path knocking gently on the door, it doesn't take long for the door to open revealing Demi. She takes one look at him and groans.

"You want them today?" Demi question and Joe nods.

"Got the day off," He states. Demi lets him into the house and they make their way into the kitchen where Ollie and Ashton are eating breakfast. Joe distracts them though as they run over giving him a hug from each of them. "Finish your breakfast then you can come to my apartment." He states and they squeal with excitement, Demi laughs beginning to wash the pots up she used for the breakfast. It wasn't long after the boys were born that they broke up, Demi complaining that Joe was never home. It ended in a huge argument that just ruined their whole relationship. Joe now takes Ollie and Ashton whenever he can which also annoys Demi with him turning up at anytime.

"Hurry up Ash." Demi lectures.

"Not call me that!" Ashton lectures and they both laugh.

"Sorry baby boy." Demi apologises now remembering he doesn't like to be called Ash, it's Ashton otherwise they get a big telling off though sometimes Demi does forget just like just then. Demi picks up Ollie holding him against her hip.

"I'll get him dressed, bring Ashton up when he's done." Demi tells Joe and he nods taking Ollie's place at the island. Demi makes her way upstairs  keeping hold of Oliver who has his arms wrapped tightly around her neck. She wonders into the room he shares with his younger brother and Demi sets him down on the floor.

"Me pick what to wear." Oliver demands running to his draws, Demi smiles allowing him to pick out a pair of pants and a shirt which to Demi's surprised actually matched. Demi helps him put the clothes on, he was dressed just in time for Joe to come through with Ashton. They end up swapping boys Joe amusing Ollie in Demi's room while she gets Ashton dressed.

"Daddy who is this?" Oliver questions holding up a hat in his hands.

"It was mine, now it's yours little dude," Joe says placing it on top of his head awing at how cute he looks. Whenever Joe has them and he takes them out he always gets complements on how cute they look and how much they look like him. He's managed to get a fair share of girls through them but refused to date them just for the reason him looking after his sons. Besides he doesn't have time for dating and the one girl he does want to date wants none of it. "Go show mommy." Joe suggests which makes Ollie zoom off into his bedroom again.

"Look Momma!" He exclaims and Demi looks over once Ashton's shirt is on his torso properly. She awes at him picking him up.

"You just look adorable." She begins. "And too much like your dad." She mumbles hearing Joe come through.

"When do you want them back?" Joe questions.

"Depends, you want them overnight?" Demi questions and Joe shrugs.

"I can do and drop them off before I go into work tomorrow?" Joe suggests and Demi nods putting Oliver down on the floor beginning to pack a bag for them overnight. Joe sighs and sits on the floor beginning to play with his sons quickly while Demi carries on getting them ready.

"Could you take them to get a haircut?" Demi questions not moving to face them.

"Yeah but they don't need one." Joe states.

"They do and so do you so maybe you could get yours done as well. Demi restates and Joe shakes his head passing Ashton a toy. They can really feel the tense between each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments for next one though I won't be able to update until the evening