Episode 55

I decided to update anyway :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe makes his way out the bathroom after having changed out of the hospital gown, they have no reason to keep him anymore. They put the collapsing down to stress and has been demanded he has a couple of weeks off work even though he doesn't want to. He's become a bit of a workaholic over the last couple of years and hates the thought of not going in for a couple of weeks while he recovers even though he thinks he's perfectly fine. He meets his mom at the door giving him a kiss on the cheek before they make their way through the hospital ready to see Ashton, they should be finding out when his surgery will be. Joe had already promised his mom he wouldn't drink again and he hopes to keep that promise no matter what happens in the future. Joe leads his mom through the hospital knowing exactly where everything is, Denise can't be more proud of him accomplishing his dream to become a doctor. She knows some family members who doubted he would ever get there but he just proved them wrong and is one of the youngest qualified doctors.

"He doesn't look ill at all." Joe states carrying on the conversation.

"Well if you caught it early you won't, hopefully within a year you won't have to worry about him anymore." Denise states and Joe smiles at the thought, not having to come into this place anymore besides work, not having to worry about one of his sons leaving him. They walk through the double doors looking straight ahead seeing Nick and Kevin playing with Ashton and Oliver. They make their way over and greet everyone Joe lays down on the bed bringing Ashton up do sit in between his legs while Oliver is giving his Granny a hug.

"Where's Demi?" Joe questions.

"She went for a walk about half an hour ago and haven't seen her since." Nick explains.

"Where was Ollie last night if Demi was here?" Joe questions again.  

"Someone called Miley dropped him off 20 minutes ago." Kevin explains and Joe nods knowing she probably stayed to look after him over night while everyone was at the hospital. Ashton turns around so he is facing his dad leaning up and poking his cheek squealing afterwards, he goes to do it again but Joe pretends to try and beat his finger making him squeal louder everyone else smiling at the father and son having a good time.

Couple of days pass by and they had found out Ashton's surgery would be for tomorrow, they are all gathered in the barbers the men getting ready to shave their hair off. Joe and Demi thought it would be emotionally better for Ashton to get it shaved off beforehand so he doesn't have to watch it fall out gradually. Joe came up with the idea for support that all the men would also have their head shaved off so Ashton doesn't feel insecure about anything and they all thought it was a great idea agreeing to do it. Joe takes a seat down next to Demi after having his hair done, she can't help but smile.

"This was a good idea Joe." She admits and he mirrors her smile.

"Thanks I guess, it would just make him more happy." Joe states and Demi nods leaning up kissing his cheek then to his ear.

"One more chance." She whispers pulling back biting on her lip, it takes him a couple moments for Joe to realise what she meant even then just wanting to make sure he doesn't get his hopes up too much and look like a complete idiot.

"What do you mean?" Joe questions trying to not look so excited.

"You know what I mean." She says pecking his lips smiling as he matches it, he lifts her off the seat bringing her onto his lap kissing the side of her head everyone smiling at them but they hadn't noticed just gazing into each other's eyes.

                       "Momma , daddy look." Ashton demands a ten minutes later running over showing them his new hair style to his parents.

"Wow you look like daddy now." Demi praises and Ashton smiles.

"Me look like you daddy!" He exclaims and Joe smiles too bringing him into a hug with Demi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 or 3 comments for next one :)