Episode 57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks pass by and soon it has been three months since Ashton had his operation. He has had to go back weekly and get his chemotherapy done but other than that he could go home within a couple of days of having the operation. Oliver was happy to get his younger brother back even if he couldn't play with him as much as he used to. They had always been inseparable, Joe and Demi had taken their boys out a lot to the zoo and things as treats and the boys love it. Joe and Demi have been doing fine, they hadn't had another argument since the day Joe took Ashton away after getting paranoid when Oliver told him that his brother was ill. The illness of their son has somewhat brought them back together. Joe and Demi are sat down on a beach blanket now far away from the sea where they are keeping an eye on their sons splashing each other. Demi moves her gaze away from her boys to Joe who looks at her once he sees her head move in the corner of his eye.

"Let's get married." Demi states biting her lip afterwards wondering what his reaction will be, Joe's head snaps to the side again reading her expression knowing she wasn't joking.

"Really?" He questions.

"Why not? I want to marry you Joe so why wait?" Demi questions. 

"Don't you want a big proposal?" Joe jokes and Demi wines.

"I've never been one to want attention like that Joseph." Demi complains and Joe laughs before leaning down pecking her lips gently.

"I'd love to marry you." He says and she smiles connecting their lips again, Joe kisses back but they pull away knowing it's not the most perfect place for them to begin making out. Demi moves in-between his legs leaning against his chest as his arms find themselves around her middle keeping her close against him as they carry on watching their sons play in the sea. They soon get interrupted by both of them running over, Ashton collapsing on the sand next to Demi, she laughs slightly kissing the top of his head.

"Rest for a bit okay." Demi says and he nods.

"Daddy come play!" Oliver exclaims picking up his arm trying to drag him off.

"Sorry Dems, I'm wanted." Joe states climbing up allowing his son to drag him off towards the sea. Demi laughs at Joe playing with Oliver especially when Oliver jumps on Joe's back and he just falls in the sea getting them both wet.

Joe and Demi walk into the hospital a couple of hours later ready to get the news of how their son is, they had to go in yesterday with him to have tests done but they needed time to get the results so they are back today ready to find out if their son is okay. Joe leads Demi through the hospital knowing exactly where he's going until they find themselves in a room with the doctor in which has done most of Ashton's treatment.

"Hello Joe and Demi." He greets shaking their hands before they all take a seat. 

"I'll cut straight to it, Ashton is perfectly fine," He states making a wide smile show on Joe and Demi's faces, they share a quick hug trying to prevent themselves from crying so they can hear what the doctor has to say now. "Because we caught it early we could dispose and keep it away, bring him back one a year though for checkups to make sure it has stayed away but if you begin seeing any symptoms bring him straight in." The doctor explains and they nod taking it all in.

"Thanks." Demi says.

"No problem, it's my job," He begins. "Hopefully I won't see you anytime soon Demi and I will see you tonight Joe." He assume but Joe shook it head.

"I'm not working here anymore, I'm handing in my notice today." He states and Demi looks at him shocked a bit.

"Oh well I guess I'll see you around then, good luck with wherever your going next." He states and Joe nods thanking him before they finish saying goodbyes and leaving the room.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how long this story will be if I'm honest :) 

3 comments for next one, I'll start writing it when I have 2