2 | coming out

When discussing a topic like this, people will always say that its easier in modern days than it was back then. That wasn't the case for Tristan. He feels like the LGBT community still has it hard. You see Tristan is bisexual. He has told his best friend, family, and his mother Y/N. Tris wanted to tell both of his parents at the same time, but he couldn't because of his father Keith.

Keith was a tough cookie. His father was hard on him, so he had to be hard on Tristan. He would always sign him up for activities that were more " manly ". Last year Tristan's football coach demanded all of the boys to take ballet to help with their balance. Keith refused to sign his son up causing him to be a bench warmer for the rest of the season.

Tristan just feels like he's going to disappoint his dad by dropping this bombshell. Y/N always bugged her son about this situation. She feels like if Tris doesn't tell Keith and he finds out from somebody else...he will be furious.

Tristan just came home from school dropping his backpack by the door.

" Hey mama."

" Hey Tristan ", Y/N smiles.

He walks over to her on the couch giving her cheek a kiss. Y/N is a true definition of black don't crack. She is forty three, but looks like she's nineteen. Tristan's friends would always call her momma sunflower or momma sunshine because she is vibrant and always smiling. Y/N would never get mad even if you did the most back stabbing thing...she will always have love for you. That made people wonder why Keith and Y/N got together.

" How was your day at school?"

" It was good."

" Did anyone give you any trouble?"

" Some kid called me a faggot but its all good."

" Tristan do I need to come up there!?"

" No ma if something goes down I got the football team to back me up", he laughs.

" If you say so cause you know I'm crazy when it comes to my kid."

" Yes mom I know."

" You're father is home."

" I thought he didn't get off till six."

" He worked a half day...Tris I think today should be the day you tell him."

" I'm not ready."

" Tris you have been saying that for the past three months. You need to stop hiding away from him baby."

" Ok what if he freaks out ", Tristan had tears falling rapidly down his face.

" He won't baby I promise."

" Where is he?"

" Upstairs in our bedroom." 

Tristan jogs up the stairs, his heartrate increasing at each step. Knocking on the door he can hear his dad yell come in. Keith was typing away on his laptop with his glasses at the tip of his nose.

" Hey dad."

" Hey Tristan."

They do they're signature hand shake they made up when Tris was fourteen. He sits at the end of the bed wiping his sweaty palms on his pants. Taking a deep breath he turns around to face his dad.

" Dad there is something I need to tell you."

Hearing the tone in his son's voice alarmed Keith. He puts his laptop away and pushes his glasses on his face to give his full attention to his son.

" What's wrong?"

" You know that feeling you get when you see mom?"

" Yeah."

" Well sometimes I get that feeling towards guys."

" What are you trying to say?"

" Dad I'm bisexual. Meaning I get attracted to males and females."

It was dead silent for a couple of minutes, until Keith spoke up.

" I know."

" What?"

" Your mother told me. I was just waiting on you to say something."

" So wait, you're not mad?"

Keith made his way to the end of the bed to sit next to Tristan.

" Of course I'm not mad. Gay, straight, bisexual you will always be my son. Don't think that your sexuality will make me stop loving you. I will always love you. You are my only seed, my only son."

Tristan is so happy to hear those words come out of his father.

" I love you dad."

" I love you too."