19 | royalty in my eyes

This imagine is long and sad

Cameras flashed as Y/N made her way to the podium with multiple microphones. It hasn't even been twenty four hours and she already had to do this. Placing down the paper that held her speech, she looks out in the crowd filled with reporters and citizens.  She wipes her sweaty palms on her white dress before speaking.

" Hello fellow citizens of Zamunda and reporters from all over, I Princess Y/N of Wales have an announcement to make."

The princess's accent was strong, but still comprehensible.

" As many of you may have heard, your prince, Keith Powers, was pronounced dead at two fifty five this morning in Paris, France. The cause of his death has been  confidential, but I am here to reveal it. He died from multiple injuries that were caused by a car crash. As he was leaving the royal ball paparazzi started to bombard him which made him leaving in a hurry. Then they started to follow his car with theirs. I was told that his driver was trying to lose then by making a sharp turn, he lost control that resulted to the both of them crashing into  a wall. Prince Keith was the only one who didn't die instantly from the crash and was rushed to the ER. He was then put into emergency surgery."

Y/N took a deep breath before continuing. She can feel tears begging to leave her eyes but she had to stay strong for her people.

" The doctors tried their best to save him but couldn't. After his cardiovascular surgery failed, he was pronounced dead."

By now she finally let her tears free. 

" We love you Princess Y/N! Stay strong we are here for you ", someone yelled out in the crowd. 

It made Y/N feel good that people were showing their sympathy towards here.

" Keith was not just the Prince of Zamunda, he was the Prince for the people. He cared for anyone he crossed paths with and made sure they were ok. He never had hatred in his heat and loved everyone. Not only was he your Prince, but he was also my husband and the father to our three children. When I received the call from Paris this morning, I instantly broke down. My one and only true love is longer going to walk this Earth with me. The only man I loved more than life it's self, my husband. My husband lost his life so people can keep their jobs by getting exclusive photos. I'm not saying that we should hate paparazzi, but there is a difference between good press and bad press. Thank you for the love and support god bless." 

The bodyguards rush to the stage to escort the princess safely to her car. 

" Where to now Mrs. Powers." 

This is the first time some has ever called her this. Usually it's Princess Y/N.

" Home ", a weak smile formed on her lips.

                                                                       ~ ~ ~ 

It has only been eight hours since Y/N recieved the call about her now late husband. The kids do not know yet, because they were sleeping. So the king and queen decided it would be best to tell them when they woke up.

Walking into the palace, her three year old daughter, Diane,  runs up to her.

" Mommy!"