5 | i ain't mad at cha

Keith stared at the ground as the workers lowered his best friend into the dirt. Everyone had already left, but he stayed behind to say one last goodbye. Pulling out the funeral program he runs his fingers over the picture.

Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N

Sunrise
February 23,1993

Sunset
July 20, 2017

Keith didn't realize that he was crying until a teardrop was present on the paper. Saying his last goodbye, he kissed a rose before dropping in the ground on her casket.

~ ~ ~

So many people showed up to Y/N's funeral. She was a true sweetheart and was loved by everyone. Keith was sitting on her parent's couch watching everyone cry and converse with each other. His mother came by with a plate full of food shoving it in his face. He pushes it back shaking his head.

" No ma I don't want it."

" But baby you have to eat something."

" I don't feel like eating."

She gives him a sympathetic look putting the plate on the coffee table. His mother knew how much Y/N meant to Keith. Wanting to escape from all over this, Keith lifts his self from the couch walking up stairs to her old room. The last time he was in here was when he was seventeen. He was shocked that is was still the same way after she left for college. All over her room she has pictures of herself, family, friends, etc. He stops when he comes across a wall with just her and Keith. Y/N have been best friends since diapers. Keith would do anything for Y/N no matter what it was. He laughs when he sees the picture of him and Y/N in the tub when they were young. Then the one when they went to prom together, Y/N laying on the hospital bed because Keith was trying to teach her how to ride a bike but she crashed. Keith smile fades away when he noticed a special moment. Y/N graduating from college three years ago. Keith had got out of prison just in time to see her walk across the stage. He was kissing her cheek and she was smiling really hard holding her diploma.

He grabs the picture sitting at the foot of her bed. Keith rubs his thumb over his face with tears running down his face again.

" I am so sorry ", he whispers.

Ever since that night, he always beated him self saying that her death was his fault. If he would have just listened to Y/N and stayed in with her...she would still be alive.

Flashback

" Come on Y/N it will be fun."

" No Keith. You know I don't like casinos."

" Girl stop lying you was just in there the other night."

" Shut up ", she laughs, " I'll go get dressed."

~ ~ ~

Keith and Y/N were exiting out of the casino laughing up a storm.

" Keith you didn't have to do ole girl like that."

" I mean she was annoying trying to get my number and her breath stank."

Y/N laughs even more hitting his arm. Soon her laughter dies down when a person walks out of an alley way. The unknown person pulls out a gun causing Y/N to push Keith out of the way. The shooter fires mutilpe shots at her chest. She looks down at her wounds before falling down on Keith.

" Y/N!"

End of flashback

Keith was laying down on his bed puffing out smoke. Today has been so hard for Keith he wanted to wind down. Computer Love by Zapp was playing in the background and more smoke emerge from his nose. That was Y/N's favorite song. He takes the blunt from between his lips when he felt a sudden cool breeze by him.

" Glad to know that somebody misses me."

Keith rest on his elbows seeing Y/N standing at his door way in all white. He rubs his eyes to make sure what he what he was seeing is real. She was still there leaning on his door frame showing her radiant smile.

" I got to stop smoking weed."

" Keith if you smoking everybody know you don't start tripping until you have your second blunt."

" Nah this can't be happening."

Y/N walks over to him staring into his eyes.

" If I'm not Y/N then I wouldn't know that you shit yourself when I spent the night when I was ten. All because your mom put medicine in your food because you were backed up."

" Y/N? How? Your funeral...ain't you suppose to be dead?"

Tbc.

a/n
first mini series in copulation yee!✨