47 | inhumane

Trigger Warning😔

Keith was kicking a peeble down the sidewalk as he was on his way to school. Today is the first day of his senior year. All summer he was hoping that this school year will be different from the others.

He wore a white t-shirt, light/dark brown striped pants, and a brown leather jackets since it was a little bit chilly out. Walking up to the school he's seeing kids talking at the front catching up with one another. Making a sharp left turn he goes in through the side to avoid everyone. Walking through the empty halls, he makes it to his designated classroom that he stays in all day for the past three years. Walking in he sees Mrs.Ellis talking to the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. Her hair was long and pretty, her skin complexion outstanding, everything about her was just beautiful to the teenage boy.

Mrs.Ellis smiled when she saw her favorite student in the doorway.

" Hey Keith how was your summer?"

He gave her a thumbs up indicating that it was good. Keith wasn't deaf or anything, he was just mute. He became that way sophomore year because he was fed up with the bullying.

Keith has a stuttering problem. He's been made fun of since elementary school. To top it off he also has dyslexia, so not only does he stutters, but he stutters and reads things backwards which kids think is hilarious. The bullying isn't as bad as it use to be, but it still follows him. Keith walked behind Mrs.Ellis as she pulled the candy basket from out of her desk. Keith grabbed a mini snickers throwing the wrapper in the trashcan.

" Keith I will like for you to meet Y/N Y/L. She is going to be my new senior student assistant since Julie graduated last year. The reason why you haven't seen Ms. Y/N around because she just moved up here from Long Beach. "

" Hi nice to meet you Keith ", she held her hand out.

" Hi ", he took her hand and shook it.

Keith was amazed that he didn't stutter that word. He walked over to the back of the room to his assigned seat. Pulling his glasses from out his backpack, he puts them on so he can see the words for when he has to read. Y/N looked at Keith as he played with his fingers. He seems like a nice sweet boy and she wanted to get to know him better.

Keith raised his hand doing the signal to go use the restroom.

" Yes Keith you can go."

Keith removes himself from the hard chair exiting out of the room.

Y/N turned around putting her attention back on Mrs.Ellis.

" He doesn't talk much does he?"

" Sadly no. He's very insecure about his stuttering so he became mute his sophomore year. Also he has dyslexia, so it's difficult for him to finish reading and learns at a different pace."

" Oh ", Y/N felt bad for the boy.

" The first bell is going to ring and I don't want you to be late on the first day."

" It was nice meeting you Mrs.Ellis."

" You too sweetie and remember to come here during your last period since that is your free one."

" Yes ma'am."

Meanwhile Keith was in the men's restroom drying his hands. He heard the first bell and he went into a panic. When the first bell rings, teenagers flood the hallways, and his bullies find him. He runs out of the bathroom like a speed demon. He was so close to his classroom when he was knocked down. Looking up there lies Shane Buyers, varsity football captain, rich kid, and total jackass.

" How was your summer K-k-keith? Did you go to retard camp with the rest of friends...oh wait you don't have any."

Shane pushed Keith back on the ground putting his foot on his chest. He takes his glasses off his face snapping them in half throwing them against the lockers on the other side.

" Hey leave him alone!"

Keith looked up to see Y/N running towards Shane pushing him off of him. Y/N grabs Keith's hands helping him up dusting off his clothes.

" You must be the new girl ", Shane smirked.

" Ok and?"

" Maybe sometime you want to take a ride in my Mustang and watch the sunset."

" No thank you."

She grabs Keith's hand and his glasses taking him back into the classroom. Keith was so happy Mrs.Ellis wasn't in here because she would ask so many questions.

" What's your favorite color Keith?"

He pointed at her burgundy backpack.

" You like burgundy too!?"

Keith smiled nodding his head.

Y/N took out some burgundy duct tape cutting off thin strips. She tapped his glasses back together putting them on his face.

" All better. Now you can see when you read."

Keith gave her a tight hug to show her his appreciation.

" You're welcome Keith I'll see you this afternoon."

She walked out and his fellow classmates starts to fill in the empty spaces.

~ ~ ~

It was now lunch time at Keith was pulling out his lunch box from his backpack. Everyday he would go up to the roof to eat in the school's garden. The garden was a very peaceful place where no one bothered him at.

" There was a c-c-crooked man, and he w-w-walked a c-c-crooked mile.He found a c-c-crooked sixpence upon a c-c-c-crooked stile-"

" He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,And they all lived together in a little crooked house...Is this seat taken?"

Tbc.

a/n
If this offended anyone of you. I apologize. I put myself in the pov of a bully and thought of things they would say. If you were offended I am sorry.