CHAPTER 1

PERCY'S POV

You know what people say about relationships and how everything becomes peaceful and beautiful when you're with the person you love? Well, let me tell you something, that's a load of bull crap I'm telling you! 

"Percy! I will legitimately break your arms if you don't let go of that last piece of pizza in your mouth!" 

Annabeth throws a pillow that we brought for our picnic and it went straight to the lake as I all but duck to avoid the collision. This only seems to make her angrier as she runs toward me and tackle me to the grass covered ground. 

Her dirty blond hair falling off of her face, framing her. She's on top of me, her eyebrows furrowed and teeth bared like some sort of lioness ready to devour her meal. She bites the end of the pizza that was still in between my teeth and pulled it out of its confines. 

"You don't get to eat the last slice, got it?" She sits up on my lap and smiled through her pizza covered mouth. 

I laughed and placed my hands on her waist, encasing her body with mine. "That's unfair, you were too slow so I took it, that's why it's within my right to eat the last slice Wise Girl", I tease her as I take a small bite of the pizza that she was holding, she growls. 

"All rationality gets thrown out of the window when it comes to food, huh?" I tickle her slightly and she merely laughs, getting off of my lap with a quick shove on the shoulder. 

"Well, that's only because pizza is one of the best fast food in the world. The layers of tomato sauce, melted cheese, and pepperoni? Ugh, total heaven Seaweed Brain." She rambles while looking at it like it was her first love, wait, should I be concerned?

"Plus, the richness from the meat, fat and cheese, the appealing texture of a crispy crust, and an acidic and slightly sweet sauce, and a host of savory toppings. Percy, it's to die for." She finishes as she pops the last bite in her mouth looking at me with sparkling eyes.

I only gave her an incredulous look, "Okay Queen of Pizzas, let's go and pack up before Chiron gallops back here and call us", she glares at me jokingly. 

I stood up from the ground and wiped my shorts from the dirt of the grass and looked at the blue sky, "Do you think they're watching us right now?" I mumble softly, but loud enough that Annabeth hears. 

"Hm, they probably are. Or, they're probably too busy fighting over something again." I look at Annabeth and we both chuckle, thinking about the quests we had before, the first one being the stolen lightning bolt of Zeus. 

Annabeth stretches her arms for me to pull her up, "Percy?" She calls me.

"Yeah?"

"You gotta open your eyes now." I gave her a confused look, "What? Open my eyes?" 

She just nods. "You're gonna be late for class, stop dreaming and wake up!" I wasn't able to notice but she was inches away from me now, close enough for me to kiss her. 

"Screw class. Let me stay here with you, please?" 

Annabeth only chuckles and presses her forehead against mine, "Fine, you gave me no choice." She whispers and leans in for the sweet kiss-- 

BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

I cover my ears with my pillows and still, the alarm clock blares through them.

*BEEP*BEEP*BEE--

"There, now shut up and let me sleep some more." I grunt as I stopped the stupid alarm clock from blaring. Gods, whoever invented school and classes, I hope they're having a bad day.