Chapter 22

Sam’s POV

I was training that night, when I saw Annabeth going towards here I really did my best on heating this dummy to impress her, I even saw her glance, but she didn’t noticed it because it was dark that night, I knew that there was going to be a capture the flag so I was really getting ready for the battle. Clarisse said that mostly Ares and Athena demigods are teams at capture the flag, so I have a plan to distract Annabeth and get her alone with no Percy. I am so gonna get her.

Percy’s POV

Natalie was never been with us for a week and now she’s showing up? What the Hades is happening? First Sam and now her? I looked at Annabeth who was just staring blankly at Natalie. “What are you doing here Natalie?” I asked and stood up leaving Annabeth sitting at my bunk. “Well, my mom said I needed a break. Especially from school. I got 4 detentions at school, my grades are getting lower. And now she said that I can get some rest for a while. I decided to go to camp.” She said in a cheery voice.  I rolled my eyes.  “Why? Aren’t you guys happy to see me?” She asked frowning. “No, not at all.” I said. “Yep, super, extremely, not happy.” I heard Annabeth mumbled. “Excuse me?” Natalie asked her hand at her chest. “Nothing. So why are you here in Percy’s cabin?” Annabeth stood up crossing her arms. “I was going to surprise him, and…I want to know if you did the job!” Natalie said grabbing the hands of Annabeth, I knew what she meant by that. “WOW! Look at that ring! It’s like you already proposed to her.” Natalie said looking at the ring then to me then to the ring then to me. Annabeth pulled her hand back from Natalie’s hand. “Well, you made us both surprise! So  ta-ta!” Annabeth said with a mocking British accent.

I looked at her confused at what she did, I mean. I know she has issues about Natalie but I never thought it would still affect her that much. “What’s wrong with you?” I asked.  She plumped up at my bunk and released a big sigh. “I’m a girl Percy, I saw her look at the ring and to you!” She said. “And so? We have eyes do we?” I asked really confused about this. “You’re such an idiot! I saw her eyes with hate, sadness, and hurt! Seaweed brain, she still has feelings for you. She was hurt when she saw us together.” She said. “Wise girl, she maybe still has feelings for me. But it isn’t strong as our feeling for each other. You know that. I love you so much! And I won’t Sam, nor Natalie, break us apart.” I said and kiss her temple. We laid down for a minute staring at each other‘s beautiful eyes, until we drift to sleep. “I love you, Percy” Annabeth said, I could reply but I drift to sleep. When I woke up Annabeth wasn’t there anymore. So I stood up and wore my new shirt and pants. So that I won’t look like a mess, a brushed my teeth and went out to find her, not bothering to fix my hair. “Hey Katie, have you seen Annie?” I asked, “Ahm, I think she’s at her cabin.” She replied watering the plants. “Oh, ok thanks.” I said and ran off. I opened the door and saw Annabeth still sleeping with bunch of blue prints at her bunk. I removed another blueprint which was covering her face. She was working with the cabins last night. I think she was really tired. I tucked a piece of blond hair in her ear, I stare at her for a minute. “Dud that’s creepy.” Malcolm said. I laughed and threw a pillow at him. “It’s true you know, waking up and see a guy staring at you.” He continues and thorws the pillow back at me.

I folded all of her blueprint and put it at her drawer, that’s what she always do when she has her plans. I fixed her in bed trying not to wake her up, I pulled her blanket, but just then she opened her eyes, “Dang’it” I said. “I was really careful not waking you up you know!” I said pouting. “ She just laughed and kiss me at the lips. “Morning seaweed brain.” She said. “Morning! Why did you stay up all night?” I asked worriedly. “How’d you know? Were you stalking me again?” She asked and grin. “Heck no! if I wasn’t that tired I would.” I said. We both snickered. “But, I know because you have those big bags under your eyes and your blueprints all over your bunk.” I said pointing her at her eyes. She then looked at her bunk. “WHERE’S MY BLUEPRINTS?!” She asked worriedly. “Chill Annabeth, their at your  drawer.  I promise you I didn’t ripped them or even a scratch!” I said putting my arms in defeat. Again as she laughs. “You have a beautiful laugh, but you need to dress up, comb your hair because it is a total mess.”I said joking around. “Hey! Speak for yourself! Look at your hair it looks like a birds nest!” She snap. “Ouch! We have feeling too you know!” I said pointing at my hair and fake wiping a tear.  She rolled her eyes and did what I told her. We got out of her cabin and went to the arena where Leo, Katie, Travis, Connor, Piper, Jason, Thalia, Clarisse, Nico, Grover was there. I also told Katie to tell the gang to have a meeting.