Hoofdstuk 38- Point of View Jake

{Point of View Jake}

"Jake come on! Are you seriously crying because of that girl?" Jarq gooit een bal tegen mijn hoofd. Geïrriteerd veeg ik een traan weg. "I'm not crying!"
"Yeah, sure. There was something in your eye, right?" Jarq stompt me tegen mijn schouder. "Jacob, dude. You fell in love, that's okay. But she left you! Let it go! She is not that perfect girl you thought she was. Whatever! You will find the perfect girl! And other wise, you've got me!"
"And now I must be happy? Jarq, I thought I told you already, but I left her! Her parents don't want me. Selena's parents are the richest people I've ever seen before. They hate me!"
"You left her?! Oh, come on Jake. Serious? Are you kidding me? Why?"
"Like I said before. We aren't a perfect couple. She is rich, I am poor. I've got no stupid money! I'm not good for her!"
"Dude!" Jarq maakt een geïrriteerd geluid. "O boy! I don't know what to say. What do you want me to say? Oh, I know something. Go back! Do you hear me? Go. Fucking. Back! I've never seen you like this! You've never cried!"
"So, you want me to go back to holland? Jarq, she hate me! She called me up, and I was terrible! I hate myself, to be honest!"
"Oh." Jarq fluit. "She called you up? Jake." Hij zucht en gaat naast me op een stuk steen zitten. "Let me tell you something. You fell in love with her, right? Okay, good. Now. You guys kissed, right? She said she loves you. Why the fuck would you ever leave her?! I don't get this whole fucking shit! But if you want to be 'lucky'" hij maakt aanhalingstekens in de lucht. "Then, I won't say anything about this shit to you. Then you must go further with the normal life. But you can't come to me when you are feeling unlucky and sad. Then its your own fault."
Ik verstop mijn gezicht in mijn handen en zwijg. Jarq staat op. "Okay I'm done. Oh, I've got a message." Hij pakt zijn mobiel en klikt op iets. "Oh, a link to youtube, from Kevin." Hij gaat weer naast me zitten. Eigenlijk wil ik net zeggen dat hij op moet rotten als een heldere stem mijn oren vult. Ik verstijf. Dit kan niet. Onmogelijk.

"Listen
To the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete". Ik knijp mijn ogen dicht. Dit is een grap. "This is really good!" hoor ik Jarq zeggen. "William sent this to me. 'Look! We founded this girl in a random place in Holland! Isn't she lovely? We're gonna get her in our studio! She already said yes! Yeah! We're going to make it!'"
Verstijfd en te verbijsterd om iets te zeggen staar ik voor me uit, de duinen in. Is dat Selena? Ik herken haar stem en de manier van spelen.. Ik ruk Jarqs telefoon uit zijn handen en kijk naar het filmpje. Het is een beetje een onduidelijk filmpje, iemand heeft het heel snel met zijn mobiel gefilmpt. "Dude what the-"
"Shh" onderbreek ik Jarq. "Unbelievable. Jarq, do you want to know who this girl is?"
"Eh. I guess I already know... Is this..."
"Selena. Yes." met trillende handen kijk ik naar het filmpje. Mijn hart breekt in duizenden stukjes als ik zie dat ze op het einde begint te huilen. Ik had nooit weg moeten gaan, schiet er door mijn hoofd. Je hebt het alleen erger gemaakt. Meteen duw ik dat idee van me af. Het is goed zo. We moeten elkaar vergeten. "She's pretty." Stelt Jarq vast. "Are you sure you don't want her? 'Cause I like her. Do you mind if I-"
"Shut up! She's mine! If you touch her, when she doesn't want it.. Oh, then you're in problems mate."
"Jake, she isn't yours. How could you ever think that she wants you? Don't you see how broken hearted she is? Didn't you saw her crying at the end? That was because of you. And you know that, Jake. You know you are the one for her, and you left her. You miss her too! Why don't you go back?"
"When? The first plane to Holland is the next week!"
"You checked it? You checked the plane to Holland? Oh, you.. Do you have a ticket?"
"No, because.."
"Because you're stupid. Okay I've got a plan. Listen. Call her first. Say that you're sorry. You told me about a girl, Selena's friend, right? What was her name?"
"Do you mean Fleur?"
"Yes, that girl. Well, after you called Selena, call here. Ask if she can help you with finding Selena. And then.. Kabeng! Love is back in the air!"
Ik schud lachend mijn hoofd. "It's a great idea, Jarq."
"Jake, how much times do I have to tell you? I've got only góód idea's!"
"Like that one in that café...?"
"Okay that was the only bad."
"are you sure? On the beach when we-"
"Okay okay! Shut up! This is the first good idea!"
Ik lach en schud mijn hoofd. "Okay, I'll call her."
"Right now?"
"Yes, I guess. I'll walk a bit further, and call her. Will you wait for me?"
"Sure." Zegt Jarq. "Good luck, mate!"
"Thanks. See you later alligator!" roep ik voor ik de duinen in loop. Mijn ademhaling versnelt. Voor ik Selena bel moet ik even tot rust komen. Mijn gedachten dwalen terug naar gistermiddag, toen Selena mij belde.