It's all fun and games until I wind up stuck in my dream

There was a chime of feathery giggles nearby, Ling Ling turned over her shoulder and saw a pair of beautiful creatures with cat like eyes and ears that poked out of their luxurious thread of silky hairs. They walked passed her without even a glance.

Shops lined the streets, restaurants, brothels and stalls selling all kind of colorful and beautiful things. Everything was like a dream, so enchanting and mesmerizing that Ling Ling found herself meandering in this whole new world lost like a tourist in a charming town.

She brushed arms with other spirits, stumbling some. Ling Ling began to draw attention and spirits soon took noticed of her strangeness. She don't belong there and the spirits around noticed. They turned their heads and sniffed the air ravaged by her succulent human aroma.

She stumbled kicking her feet to haste as she began to feel uncomfortable, drawing dangerously hungry eyes on her.

She ran until she stumbled into something unseen. Ling Ling heard a screech.

"Ouch, you old lady, watch where you're going!"

She turned around and saw nothing, Ling Ling continued her walk until she stumbled on the same creature. this time, she craned her head downwards and saw a tiny creature knocked down on the pavement a short distance from her feet.

The spirit rolled on the street and jumped up, pissed, and hissing at her. Ling Ling saw a little girl that almost looked like a toddler.

The girl glared at Ling Ling, this was the second time she had gotten ran over by the oblivious woman. "You blind or something?" She squeaked.

Ling Ling rushed up to her to see if the little girl was okay, but the girl stood in a defensive stance with her claws shooting out of her little fingers. "Don't come near me, woman!"

Ling Ling paused. The little girl may look innocent, but something tells her she's more dangerous than a wild animal in the forest.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't see you okay."

"That's because you're too busy fooling around. If you care to look where you're going you would've seen me!"

"Look, I said, I'm sorry." Ling Ling patted for some candy around her pockets, she typically kept spare candies or lollipops around for the neighborhood kids, but such is luck when she needed it.

She sighed empty handed. Ling Ling bent over to the girl's height instead and tried to talk to her as she would to any little girl. "I'll make it up to you somehow."

The little girl's expression suddenly changed, her eyes widened as she sniffed the air stained by Ling Ling's strong human scent.

The little girl sucked a big inhale, for a moment she fought the urge of her appetite, her mouth watered, but she's not that kinds of demon who would eat humans. "Look lady, go back wherever you came from. You don't belong here!"

Ling Ling grimaced. She realized she don't belong there, but there was just one problem, she doesn't know how to get back because no matter how much she tried to trace her footsteps back at the Lao's mansion, the mansion was no longer there as if it'd vanished from the earth are replaced entirely with another.

"I would go back where I came from but I don't know how." Ling Ling reasoned. She took her gaze away for a moment as to look back where she came from when the young girl had already vanished as quick as she was spirited.

The cool wind brushed passed her cheeks. Ling Ling found herself alone in the streets.