Transmigration, Here I come!

She made it halfway through the driveway when she heard brisk footsteps behind her. It had been the witch doctor who chased after her followed by Mrs. Lao trotting behind.

"Get her!" Cried Mrs. Lao. "Don't let her escape!"

Ling Ling ran faster, she felt the torn fabric of her gown got in the way as it slowed and dragged her down, and with the inconvenient slippers flapping on her feet, she couldn't run fast enough.

She felt rough fingers brushed her collar that made her yelp.

Ling Ling kicked her feet faster, but the witch doctor lunged for her as he tackled her to the ground. They both skidded on the pavement. The witch doctor's arms clasped around hers like a chain preventing her from moving freely. 

"Help!" She whimpered. 

Something whipped in the air. It was something fast and unseen.

Ling Ling looked up and surveyed her eyes in the darkness without seeing anyone.

The sharp sting of the wind brushed though her, Ling Ling felt it, but it had not been meant for her, it was meant for the witch doctor.

The stung of his pain made him let go, Ling Ling crawled away from the man as soon as she felt his arm loosened. 

Ling Ling risked a glance and saw the strike of sharp wind cut through his skin like a knife. Deep lines appeared in his arms, cheeks, and legs as if someone or something struck him with a blade numerous times. He bled and Ling Ling knew someone else was there helping her. 

The first thought on her mind was...Junjie?

She remembered him earlier at the Lao's mansion. What was he doing there again?

He could've followed her there, and based of his persistent stalking, Ling Ling wouldn't doubt it was him who came to her aid. 

"Junjie?" 

The howl in the wind let her know he was there.

She looked back at the witch doctor and found him writhing and rolling on the ground fighting and invisible assailant.

Ling Ling took this opportunity to escape but as soon as she got up, it's Mrs. Lao who was catching up to her.

Mrs. Lao tackled Ling Ling but with her younger physique she was able to shake the older lady off. 

She staggered back on her feet, Ling Ling almost made it to the gate when more men appeared as they blocked her path from getting to the gates. 

Ling Ling switched direction making a quick turn to the bushes, to the thick darkness filled with uncertainty when she slammed into something solid that hurled her off her balance.

She lurched until she slid on something slippery wobbling further in the dark yard.

She had not been able to see where she was going when she fell into a hole, or it might've have been a well. 

All she knew was it was a deep fall. 

Ling Ling fell and kept falling into the darkness without reaching the bottom.

She heard Mrs. Lao's voice called out her name from above.

It started as a loud cry and slowly faded and disappeared as she continued her endless fall.

Ling Ling gasped, but there's also some sort of magic that coaxed her into calmness. The fall didn't make her panic. It felt like she was wrapped into a cocoon protectively being ushered into a different place, a different dimension. 

Am I being sent back to the spirit world?

The hole was one of those magical well. A portal. To what and where? Ling Ling was clueless until it catapulted her into a world with the sun glaring a bright day light. 

Trees walled as far as she can see. The sky was blue and clear and it reminded her of Junjie's eyes. Ling Ling heard cheerful rush of the fresh water in the river. This world looked like it was something fresh and old at the same time. 

Where the heck am I?

Ling Ling picked up her head to look around. She was thrown over a patch of grass still wearing the daring crimson wedding gown.