She's important

"So, here you are Ling Ling." Murmured Bolin in a calm wave of danger. "I've been looking for you. When I brought you back to the mansion, I was thinking you'd be a good girl and stay in the room." 

His careful eyes drifted over to Junjie without recognizing the man behind the wide brim straw hat. "Who's the guy, huh? I see you two gave my family quite a bit of trouble back there. Is he the one who'd been helping you all this time?"

"Trouble?" Ling Ling's eyes widened, appalled. After what she'd been through, that's the last thing she wanted to hear from Bolin. "Your mother was trying to kill me! We didn't give them trouble; your family is a murderous bunch of people. I didn't agree to any of this!"

"I thought we already talked about this, Ling Ling. Aren't we supposed to be together in the spirit world?"

"I haven't agreed to anything, Bolin. I can't be your wife! Your family cannot kill me as they pleased."

"Oh yes they can, and you will marry me, Ling Ling. The dowry had already been paid." He smiled dangerously.

Ling Ling felt her chest tightened. Something is not right. Bolin acted different, he's far from affectionate man she met in her dream only a few nights ago. "You and I are not going to get married."

She stepped back out of instinct, backing off until she backed all the way on Junjie's hard chest and stopped. Ling Ling looked up, stealing a glance of his face. She can see the hardness on his jaws, how tight Junjie clenched them. Everything about Junjie emanated danger and most of all, anger.

His own energy radiated with so much aggravation she felt his pulse spilled on her. "Junjie?"

"The girl does not want to marry you, Lao Bolin. I suggest you leave her alone and go back to the spirit world before I send you back out there myself."

"Oh, and who might you be?" Inquired Bolin as he stepped closer. More spirits appeared around them. Ling Ling and Junjie suddenly found themselves surrounded by the Lao's henchmen.

"Someone who can destroy you and everything your ancestors created. You don't want to mess with me."

"No, I don't." Answered Bolin truthfully. He didn't want to waste his time and energy on other people as well. He just wanted to call it a day and take Ling Ling with him. "Why don't you let me have my fiancé and I'll be on my way."

Bolin lifted his hand to Ling Ling, offering it to her.

Ling Ling pressed harder on Junjie, she didn't want to give him her hand, she wanted to get away from him.

"No, Bolin. I don't think I want to marry you after all. Your family is crazy."

"You don't understand, Ling Ling. My great great grandfather wants me to marry you. My entire family moved to this town so we could be close to you."

Junjie snarled. He knew he has enemies and he have plenty of them. Nineteen years of hard searching without any fruition. Not once he found Ling Ling until his own investigation led him to the youngest member of the Lao clan.

He knew Ling Ling was in danger and it pissed him off that his enemies had found her first and conspired to use her for their own gain.

"Do you even know why you must marry this girl?" Asked Junjie to Bolin.

"I was told she was important." Answered Bolin as he pushed his way forward to grab Ling Ling, but Junjie slapped his hands away and grabbed Ling Ling to him.

"That's why you cannot have her." Junjie held Ling Ling closer.

"What does he mean important?" Asked Ling Ling.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you all along, but you're too stubborn to listen." Junjie stepped back to the door as he ushered Ling Ling back outside. "We need to leave, it's not safe here anymore."