Let's take you home

"We need to go home." Murmured Junjie after the kiss, he would've loved to stay in her lips and devoured her much longer but time was against them. He's going to have to wait until they could get home and enjoy her then.

"What about my body?" Asked Ling Ling as she casted a strange stare at her soulless body held on Junjie's arm. It struck her odd seeing herself like that. "You can't just take my body in the spirit world and leave it. I will die."

"No, I won't let that happen. I'll make sure your time in both worlds are divided enough where you don't have to die. But for now, I don't have a choice but to keep both at the palace."

He picked up her soulless body and tossed it over his shoulder and mapped for Ling Ling's hand. "Let's go before Bolin catch up to us."

Just as they were about to start moving again, Bolin and his henchmen arrived.

"You again! I'm getting pretty tired of your ass!" Snarled Mei irately.

She took the spot in front of Junjie and Ling Ling and stood like a miniature wall protectively. "Leave, your majesty. I will take care of these cretins."

Junjie nodded and didn't argue. He knew Mei can take care of them easily without his help. Besides, his main concern right now was to get Ling Ling to safety. "Common' Ling Ling, let Mei take care of them."

For a second, she hesitated, her eyes lingered on Bolin. "Wait, don't hurt Bolin too much…"

Junjie growled, "what? Are you protecting him now?"

Ling Ling frowned at him. Any other time she would've relished his jealousy.

Junjie was never a jealous husband, and as far as she recalled, she doesn't think Junjie had ever been jealous at all. "Don't be so harsh on him, I don't think Bolin is really aware of what's going on. He's just following what he's told."

"That's guilty by association. He's a Lao, and the Lao's are a dangerous clan."

"Fine, but don't punish him too much."

Junjie exhaled and shouted at Mei. "Don't hurt the boy too much."

There was no response from Mei but Junjie was well aware she heard him.

"Now, can we go?"

Ling Ling nodded.

Junjie gave her one last peck on her lips before launching himself and shifting into his dragon form.

He soared up to the clear sky, above the canopy of trees in the wood while Ling Ling held on to him with her arms wrapped around his neck tightly.

She never wanted to let go. She missed this, she missed those times when Junjie took her on adventures, riding behind his back, going places she otherwise would have never known existed.

"I've missed you, Junjie." She murmured muffled in between the soft silk of his fur.

"I've missed you too, Ling Ling."