Trapped in the Spirit World

Why would he do that? Didn't he heard my plea not to feed me?

Ling Ling tasted it, the juices oozing out of the fruit's broken skin. It was sweet, and the flavor settled on the bed of her tongue dancing in her palate.

It made her senses angry and told her brain how hungry she was. Ling Ling chewed the fruit and swallowed.

Junjie watched her do so with a triumphant smile. "See, that wasn't so bad, is it?" He shoved another piece of fruit and her mouth and fed her until her color came back. Her dull skin glowed with life again.

Ling Ling felt it, the sting of magic that began to work on her. The heaviness the clung weighing her down lifted leaving her feeling better, lighter.

It was like her soul had become free and her attachment to the human world is slowly being pulled away.

No, this can't be happening.

Then she felt a tug of her soul again.

Someone calling her name.

Ling Ling!

A voice of a frantic man echoed inside her head.

Ling Ling opened her eyes and saw a wide brim hat casting a wide shadow over Junjie's face.

"Junjie?" She murmured hearing the trickle of water around them, it was wet, she felt her body soaked in a puddle of water. Not too deep, maybe a few inches, it was hard for her to see.

It dawned on her that she was inside a well, and she got pulled back to the present.

"Junjie." Ling Ling murmured weakly, her muscles and bones hurt as though some of them had been broken during her fall.

"Hang in there, Ling Ling. I'll try to get you out of here."

Her head rested on Junjie's arm while he kept her elevated from the ground. Junjie craned his head up as to see how far they must climb. Ling Ling reached for his cheek when she felt the same tug again.

One second she was in the present, another, she was yanked back to the past.

Ling Ling was just looking at an older Junjie now she's back staring at the younger prince Junjie who stared back at her smiling. A plate of food balanced in one hand and a pair of chopsticks on the other.

"Say, aahh..." He was guiding food to her mouth.

Ling Ling moved her jaws and tasted different flavors in her mouth. Who knows how much Junjie had already fed her?

"You idiot!" She spat the food on the ground violently. "What had you done?

"Now, why would you do that?" Said Junjie as he stared at the chewed-up food on the ground. "I just saved you from starving yourself. "