Fated to be together

Something was tugging at her, it was an unexplained restlessness she couldn't tame. As the days passed drawing her closer and closer to her human birth, the more restless she became.

Worry chased Junjie everyday as he spent more time in his library than anywhere else. He employed his best scholars to research about the phenomenon of rebirth as well as things that are unusual. Defying the laws of time, death, time travel, and everything that don't make sense to him.

It was his well-guarded secret, Junjie didn't want no one else to know about Ling Ling's origin in case his suspicion was proven. Ling Ling was human and if her story about migrating through time was true, this could mean danger to her.

There're enemies who would want to hurt Ling Ling if they found out about the truth. She is to be born as a human soon and he's desperately running out of time.

Ling Ling tossed and turned in her sleep as if being chase by a lucid nightmare. Junjie shook her awake. "Wake up, Ling Ling!" He groaned worriedly.

Ling Ling lifted her eyes open, heart hammering restlessly, her mouth was dry and sweat coated her forehead. It had been a bad dream, but just as any of her other nightmares, she had no recollection of it.

"You're dreaming." Said Junjie.

Eyes glazed with fear, it took Ling Ling a moment to orient herself back in the bedroom.

"Junjie..." She groaned and tucked herself closer to him for protection.

Junjie lifted the blanket and snuggled closer to her. "What were you dreaming about?"

Ling Ling breathed, her heart rate calming down now. "I can't remember. I don't know what it is. I feel funny Junjie, terrified even." She confessed. "It is as if my very soul is being yank away from me."

Junjie kissed the top of her head, caressing his palm on her back. "It's okay, Ling Ling. We'll figure something out."

"Like what, Junjie?"

"How prevent you from having those dreams."

Ling Ling calmed down, draping her eyelids as the sensation of falling back asleep caressed her. She nearly fell back into a restless stupor when Junjie's voice yanked her back awake.

"Ling Ling..." Junjie began softly.

"Hmmm...?"

"When you first arrived in the spirit world, did you know who you were?"

Ling Ling nodded while Junjie felt the gentle rub of her head against his chest.

"Do you still remember who your family were?"

Junjie knew most ghost has the tendency of forgetting about their family, especially when they become rogue spirits or demons. However, Ling Ling never turned into one despite having been in the Spirit World for too long.

Humans were never meant to linger in the spirit world, they were meant to be reborn as they're supposed to. But Ling Ling managed to stay for as long as she wanted.

"It's been so long, I could barely remember being human. I don't remember my human family, Junjie. I'm sorry."

This worried him more, helpless as he had not came up of ways to prevent her from vanishing. He tugged Ling Ling closer afraid she could disappear anytime soon. "How am I supposed to find you? The human world is huge and filled with people."

"Worry not, my love." Ling Ling moaned as the spell of sleep weaved itself back into her. "We're fated to be together, fate itself will draw me back to you."