I must be a sucker for pain since I'm willing to do this all over again

Ling Ling climbed behind him, shamefully so. Her arms and skin rubbed all over Junjie without her regards. She's a 21st century woman and a little body contact meant not much to her.

Besides, how else is she going to mount on that horse without Junjie bothering to give her a hand?

She had to use his robe to haul herself up.

"Have you no shame, woman?!" Snarled Mei from below, looking like dwarf now. "You can't just touch a prince like that!"

She laughed, "no sense being shy now. I know this man can't refuse me even if he wanted to."

Now it was Junjie who's laughing, he waved Mei to back down. "Calm down, Mei. You got to hand it to this woman, she's brave."

He sighed, something unsettled in his mind. "That bracelet…" He whispered a little quietly only for Ling Ling to hear. "I need it back, it is very important to me."

Ling Ling shifted from behind him and lifted her wrist to his chest. "Take it back, then. I don't think I have any more use for it. Thank you."

Junjie started to peel the bracelet off from her when something astral, magical, stung his fingers forcing him to let go and yank his hand away.

He felt the prickle of sting travelled down to every nerve of his body. The bracelet refused to be parted from her.

Ling Ling felt it too. The way the bracelet shocked Junjie upon letting go. "What the hell was that?"

Junjie laughed with disbelief and exhaled. "Seemed you were telling the truth. I don't ever remember seeing you before and I don't ever remember giving you that bracelet, but it seemed I might've gotten a little too drunk at one point and stumbled into you. Perhaps you can tell me the story how'd it happened."

"Nope, you weren't drunk when you gave it to me. You saved me from a frog spirit trying to eat me."

"A frog spirit?"

Ling Ling cringed at the memory. "Yes."