When things get real that's when I have to leave

"Don't worry Ling Ling I have a plan." Bolin cupped his hand over Ling Ling's, feeling her soft knuckles on his palm. "Just stay with me and don't stray away no matter what. The spirit world is a dangerous place for a human like you."

They walked the long distance. Mr. Chanchu led the way along with his henchmen all while Ling Ling wondered what's Bolin affiliation with the most notorious gangster in the spirit world. She turned over her shoulder, it slipped her mind that Mei was with them when she realized Mei was no longer around.

She managed to escape and with her small body, no one even noticed. Good, Ling Ling let out a breath of relief knowing she's safe.

They made it to Mr. Chanchu's gated mansion. Two bright crimson gates greeted them as they approached. It was massive, the biggest gates Ling Ling had seen in her life and they're guarded by two demons who wore masks of ogres over their faces.

Ling Ling felt the shudder of fright tingled all over her skin. Goose bumps coated her entire body. Her hold on Bolin's hand got tighter crowding him closer.

Bolin squeezed her hand and inclined his head to her. He rubbed her shoulder and pulled her even closer. He knew the guards terrified her because he remembered the same sensation when he first arrived in the spirit world.

He remembered seeing those guards for the first time and recalled being intimidated by them.

"Don't worry Ling Ling. They won't come after you unless you are a threat to the mansion. They are spirit guides guarding the property."

Bolin lifted his head back to the gates as it groaned and began opening slowly.

Mr. Chanchu walked in, everyone else stayed behind him.

Busy servants skittered along the courtyard of the palatial mansion. There're gardeners trimming the lawns, drivers polishing vehicles, and more guards stationed everywhere.

Mr. Chanchu must have a lot of enemies in the spirit world for him to require all this security. The thought made Ling Ling more uncomfortable. It gave her more reason to run away.

They made it to the entrance of the mansion and walked into the foyer where Mr. Chanchu turned around and lifted his fedora off his slimy head. "I'm afraid I must part with you, you see. But do feel welcome in my home, everything here is for you to enjoy."

Ling Ling lifted her head and soaked the luxurious aesthetic of the walls. Ornate furniture and antique painting hung on the walls. There was collection of frog statues everywhere and Ling Ling wondered if those were Mr. Chanchu's relatives.

Mr. Chanchu picked up her hand and brushed his disgusting lips over her knuckles. "I'll leave you to Bolin's care for now."