STOP!!!

Ling Ling seemed lost for a minute. Her eyes glazed with confusion. She had no idea where she was and the area surrounding her looked nothing familiar. There's not a single house or shops nearby. 

She was afraid she woke up in a different place, different time, without Bolin, Junjie or even Mei to give her a helping hand.

She got up and started walking. For a long time, she walked and walked without seeing anything but the vast greenery until she reached a small village. A rice field. There're farmers hunched over planting grain of rice one by one.

Ling Ling thought of them odd, farmers like them hardly exist any longer. They planted seeds the old fashion way. Farmer these days used machines for their convenience and bigger hauls. 

She scanned for their torn clothing next and noticed they do not agree with the current time she's born in.

Her heart skipped a beat, she has a bad feeling about this.

She walked more into the village, hoping to find answers to the questions that nagged at her. There're far too many questions swirling in her mind and she has yet to find a place to stay when the sun goes down later today. 

It didn't take long before she began attracting attention, a girl in bright crimson dress walking alone is bound to attract attention whether she liked it or not.

She was on her way to approach one of the farmers when something distracted her. A flume of dust appeared from the horizon and the vibrations of dozen horses galloping shook the ground beneath her feet like earthquake.

People are coming. People because Ling Ling isn't sure whether she's in the human world or in the spirit world.

The rumbling on the ground became more and more violent as the riders approached.

Ling Ling thought it's best to borrow one of this wide brim straw hats Junjie was so fond of wearing. She at least needed to protect herself since her vibrant gown is sure to attract attention.

The riders closed in, Ling Ling narrowed her eyes and counted about twelve of them. They seemed to follow a formation surrounding the man in the middle. He must be their leader.

The flume of dust curtained thicker. The riders don't seem to be slowing down as they galloped the same speed passing her.

Ling Ling breathed in relief as they made it passed her, stepping back into the road thinking she was safe when she realized she'd completely missed one of them. 

Another rider fell behind from the group catching up them.  

He rode fast without really seeing Ling Ling inside the veil of thick brown dust. 

Ling Ling's eyes widened and gasped as she stared at the oncoming assault frozen on her feet. It was a sort of a deer stuck on a headlight reaction.

"Get out of the way, lady!" The horseman yanked on his horse's harness trying to slow it down but it'd been too late.

Ling Ling was tossed to the side of the road as she narrowly evaded a head on collision with a horse.