+*13*+

"Welcome to tater theater" Cyrus begins as he holds up to taters.

"Tater?" I question.

"Maybe tater can be our always" He wiggles one of the taters in my face like it's talking.

"You're not supposed to play with food" Buffy snatches one of the taters and eats it with a smirk on her face.

"That was just cruel" Cyrus glares.

"I thought it was funny" Andi laughs and takes the other tater and eats it.

"I'm tater-less" Cyrus pouts and looks down at his lap.

"You have a whole plate of taters right there" Buffy says.

"I know, but they're not star worthy like the one's you two just killed. Babe they killed my taters" Cyrus leans on my shoulder and I shrug him off.

"Nice try, but that seemed more relation-shipy than friendly" I say.

"One, that's not a word. Two, we're friends with benefits"

"Woah, stop right there. What happened last night?" Buffy smirks.

"Oh you know the diddly do" Cyrus smiles.

"Oh you know" I mock Cyrus "We just made out, and we didn't even get to taking our shirts off because Cyrus's mom called and freaking cock-blocked and ruined the whole mood"

Cyrus starts blushing and I poke his cheek and laugh.

"You two are so cute" Andi says.

"Right, anyway so did you guys here about the party Friday?" Buffy take a sip of her milkshake waiting for us to answer.

"Yeah, at some girls house?" Andi asks to make sure.

"Yep, so are we going? I got all the details"

"I'm in" Cyrus says happily.

"I'm not" I answer, but I know Cyrus is gonna make me go anyway.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"I'm not going" I groan back flopping onto my bed.

"Why not? Think of this as a celebration, you're life is actually getting better. Even your mom is still here to make sure you don't do anything wrong"

"Don't remind me. I feel so bad, she should be gone working but she's stuck taking care of me, like I'm a baby"

"She can work from home, Jonah. You know what the outfit you have on is fine, we'll go shopping some time later. No offense but your closet is trash"

I sit up and I sigh looking at the pile of clothes surrounding my closet. "Can you look through my closet like a normal person?"

"This isn't normal?"

"I'm now officially afraid to go to your house" I murmur.

"Come on let's go" Cyrus drags me off my bed.

"Mom, Cyrus is dragging me off to some party at a strangers house" I whine as I pass her door.

"Okay don't do anything I wouldn't do, love you"

"MOM?!"

"Love you too Susan" Cyrus speaks.

We make it on to the porch and I latch onto the doorknob.

"Really?" Cyrus questions and I smirk.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"NO STOP!" I scream.

"Get out of the car" Cyrus struggles to pull me out by my leg, and I'm holding on to the gear shift like my life depended on it.

"This is just sad, move" Next thing you know I'm yanked out of the car and on my butt in the grass looking up at Buffy. "Was that so hard?"

I shake my head and I look at my lap.

"You guys go, I'll get him off the ground" Cyrus tells Buffy and Andi before they walk away.

"What's up?" Cyrus sqauts down next to me.

"The sky" I say sarcastically.

"Well duh, I'm serious what's wrong? Why did it take you so long to finally get out of the car"

"You mean why did it take so long for Buffy to finally yank me out of the car? I don't wanna be here" I sigh.

"Obviously, but I just want you to have fun. I think you deserve it"

"I" pause "Just forget it"

The last time I've been to a party I panicked there were just way to many people. My hands began to shake and I couldn't breathe, that used to happen to me all the time in school when the teacher called my name and it hasn't happened in a while, I don't want it to happen again.

"Tell me, or don't whatever you choose. I don't want to put a lot of pressure on you...Now I feel guilty for forcing you to come out here, I don't want you to feel pressured and jump off a roof or something. You're fragile, one wrong move and you'll break down and I don't want to be the reason for you breaking"

"Cyrus?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up"

"Rude"

"Sorry" I sigh "Just don't make me go in there it's like I have a fear of people or something"

"You're just shy, now this is the part where I would help you up and kiss you but I can't kiss you unless it's on the cheek because we're just friends according to you"

"Just help me up" I say dryly.

"I was expecting you to say, Cyrus would you marry me or be my boyfriend? Which ever you prefer, I like the first option better if we're married we can be together forever" Cyrus pulls me up.

"Forever?"

"For eternity"

"Should I be scared?"

"Are you asking to marry me?"

"No"

"Then no, not yet anyway" The smile he shows me scares me and he turns the other way walking I follow behind and once we're inside I start getting flashbacks from Buffy's party and I start panicking.

Pushing my way through people, losing Cyrus in the process I make my way up the stairs, to afraid to open any doors hearing the noises coming from them I continue to walk down this never ending hallway, until I see these two glass doors that lead to a balcony.

I walk in locking the two doors behind me and I sit on the ground looking through the rails at the people in the pool below.

I try to calm myself down by slowly breathing in and out, and it's not working at all.

"AHHHHH!" I kick over the table, it looks cheap anyway.

Last time I've been to a party I left quickly because I couldn't take it, memories from a past party still haunting me.

I was in eighth grade, this is before Amber ratted me out and basically ruined my whole life. I came back from some party at Andi's house her grandparents weren't home and Bex thought it was a good idea to have a party. A lot of people were there, anyway so I came back home to find my mom trying to pull herself up, blood dripping form her head. Turns out my dad came back, drunk.

Now I just feel like, if I go to a party and I come back my dad will pop up out of nowhere drunk again and it'll be all my fault because I wanted to go to some stupid party.

I place my face in my trembling hands and I let out a shaky breath.

I hate my life.

*+*

Vote
Comment
Share

Xoxo~ T