25.The truth.

~Hatred dwelled in my heart, It was a part of it. but never did I know your truth would replace that hatred with love.~

"The train leaving for Gwangju will depart in 30 minutes."

I sat at a near bench, because it was only 4:30. Thirty minutes to go. I was engulfed with emotions of all sorts at the platform; I felt nervous, anxious and scared. I realized even my hands were sweating. Leaving your beloved city behind was not easy.

As I was sitting there, waiting for my train and being knocked over with different thoughts, I saw Jisu at the railway station. She was looking for someone and was out of breath. She looked at the list that was stuck there, scanning someone's name, she went into the train. After five minutes she came out with an expression of total loss. She wiped her face that was red and was cloaked in sweat.
She looked here and there being exceedingly disturbed.

Her constantly travelling eyes, met mine. Within an instant, she started running towards me. And my mind was already in a surprise, first discovering her there, then running towards me. Maybe she was coming to me to ask about her unknown person.

"Yoonhaya!" Thank god! I was looking for you." She panted heavily.

"Why were you looking for me and how did you know I was here?"

"I went to your house but saw a lock there. So asked your neighbour and she told me you were leaving for Gwangju."

"Whatever, that's none of your concern."

"I need to tell you something extremely important!" She said.

"But I'm not interested. You may leave."

"You need to listen. It's, it's about Jhope." She stuttered.

"Sorry. I don't even remember if a person named Jhope existed in my life!" I said while hiding my still breathing feelings for Jhope.

"Yoonhaya, please don't hate him. Please."

"Why shouldn't I?"

"How can you hate him without even knowing his condition?" She questioned me.

I knew she won't move away without uttering her stupid words, so I let her continue.

"I've never seen a person in my life, love someone so much." She declared in a state where her voice was actually low and distressing.

"Why are you telling me this? I already know he loves you."

"No. He loves you!" I blurted.

"How can he? Did you forget, how brutally he insulted me. He broke my heart. He called me a clumsy pabo."

"That was because he wanted you to hate him." She said.

"Why would he want me to hate him?"

"I know I've promised him that I won't reveal his secret to anyone but it seems like there's no other option left. I don't want him to suffer more .. in his last days." She muttered, as her eyes became watery.

"Last days? What do you mean?"

"Listen very carefully, that I'm going to tell you. Jhope might not forgive me for telling this to you but I have to. Jhope...he is.."

"Please tell me. What has happened to him. Why are you crying?"

"Jhope.. he has a cancer." She sobbed.

"I know you're lying right?"

"I was never his girlfriend. He never loved me. It was all a drama."

"Do you remember those camping days when you always saw me with him. We never bumped into each other but met on purpose. Before going on the trip, he was diagnosed with cancer. He told me to especially stay near him, to give you the view that he was never interested in you, but was interested in me; so you would never fall for him. But you did.
Do you remember that day when he fainted as Taehyung broke the news to you? It was because of this disease. It is killing him, Yoonhaya."

My heart overflowed with emotions, agony and intense pain surrounded me and my legs went numb.

"That day when Jin and Jhope were fighting, Jhope was so hurt that he vomitted. His condition was severely affected."
She added, "Do you know? He was already very well aware of your feelings that you had fallen for him?"

"How did he?" I asked, weeping.

"He told me that, one day when he discovered you in the closet, he slept with you that night so you wouldn't be afraid. But he did not know something else was waiting for him there. He witnessed you speak in sleep, as you said ' I love you Jhope. Please don't leave me.' That was the day he cried. He cried before my very eyes for, he never wanted you to love him."

"I don't believe this. He lied to me all this time." It felt as if the truth shot me dead for a moment. The truth he had been hiding from me, struck me hard.

"That day everything was planned." She proceeded. "He told me to pretend to be his girlfriend, so you would move on. So you would forget him. He abused you so you could hate him. There wasn't something between us. He always loved you, he did all this for your sake, so you could live without him. He was afraid because he felt he was becoming your weakness. You always needed him. This scared him and he cried saying to me, 'what would happen to Yoonhaya after I die? How would she survive? '
He did this because he wanted to make you strong, so you could learn to fight alone. He really loves you Yoonhaya. Please don't hate him."

Tears spilled out of my eyes, no longer did I try to hold them back. Unstoppable, they flowed like a river. The very while, I collapsed on the floor beneath me. Just weeping and being guilty. I wasn't able to form an eye contact with my own self. The mixture of guilt and regret crept over me. How did I even hate him? He was nothing but a pure soul. He did this all for me, for my sake and what did I gave him instead?
Hatred. That he didn't even deserve.

Jisu crouched down and tried to solace me. I didn't even know how to make an eye contact with her. She was the one, who was taking care of him when I was there hating him and cursing him. I remembered what I did to her, threw water on her face, bashed sentences of malice at her.

"I'm.. I'm sorry for all my acts that were directed towards you, Jisu. Never knew, you were so generous towards him."

"I don't mind. I never did. I knew exactly through which situation you were going through. Please don't cry.
I want him to live his last days with you, for I have seen how much he has suffered. Tell me a day he wasn't thinking about you, wasn't missing you. He cried, being utterly worried for you. You're the one he always have loved. Please go to him. He needs you."

~~~~

I'm already in tears for, this had to happen. 😔
She will meet Jhope in the next chapter.😷😷 Can't wait to publish that too.

Thankyou for reading.♡♡