30.Denial.

~I denied the existence of the dark, gloomy reality, however it came back to haunt me and made me acknowledge it.~

"JHOOOPE WAKE UP!"

I yelled at him one day, when that pabo was employed in a deep sleep. I was kind of bored and wanted his company but he was sleeping like an idiot, as if not slept for ages.

"JHOOOOOPE".
Hearing me yelling at him, he within an abrupt motion, yanked the pillow from under his head and stuck it around his ears.

Gathering no response from him, I decided to play with the water.
In an instant, I brought a glass of water that was real ready to be thrown on his face and eliminate his sleep.

Upon removing the pillow with a bit force, I splashed the water on his face and heard nothing more than,
"YOONHAYA YOU IDIOT."

Seeing his angry sight, I immediately exited his room and saw him running after me.
I laughed all my way, roaming around his stairs, and he chasing me in his pyjama, that was long enough and made him stumble a few times. Pabo

At last, after the play of Tom and Jerry, he caught me and twisted one of my hand against my back.

"Ow, Jhope I'm sorry, sorry." I apologized still in a playful tone.

The softness in his face disappeared as anger and seriousness took its share.

Releasing my hands, he crossed his hands and yelped in a rather bizarre tone that I wasn't expecting at all.
"How dare you do that? Just because I'm your boyfriend doesn't give you the right to do whatever you feel like. There are certain limits. I hate those people who disturb me when I'm sleeping!"

Being shocked, completely shocked at his response, I stood there in embarassment. Quivering waves of fear crossed my entire body as my mouth only uttered,

"I..I'm sorry. Didn't know.. that it would hurt you. I won't do it again..."

"Better."

I just stood there, head directed towards the floor, not wanting to meet his angry eyes. While standing there, as mind was already recovering from the situation, I heard a chuckle.

Upon casting my eyes in his direction, I saw his suppressed laughter. Not being able to hold his current situation, he collapsed into a laughter, as he chimed, "OH MY GOD YOONHAYA."
He couldn't stop laughing and it was seen clearly from his flushness of red and how he placed his hand on his waist.

"What? Why are you laughing?" I asked being dazed and he didn't answer me, he wasn't in a state of answering so.

Thinking for a while, I caught the entire situation and his stupid way of teasing me.
"SHIT. YOU WERE TEASING ME!" I exclaimed.
Running to him, I started jostling at his chest.

"I HATE YOU. YOU FUCKIN SCARED ME. I HATE YOU."

The force through which I hit him was strong enough that made him slip and I slipped on him, as he held my hand for support while slipping.
Such a pabo.

Landing on him, we both bursted into pangs of laughter. Pulling me closer to him by his hand, he stared into my eyes. Jerking onto his collar, I leaned a bit closer and he caught my lips, giving out the most tenderly kiss.

¤¤¤

Days elapsed by as gayly as they could, bringing in the most beautiful moments of life for us to savour. Being in each other's warmth, safe and secure, we forgot about all the worries of our life. I even forgot that a disease like cancer also existed when one day that reality fell upon the window of my heart.

One day as usual, having our breakfast and while talking casually to him, a sudden stream of blood started escaping from one of his nostril.

Watching in horror, I rose to my feet as I examined his face with tears brimming my eyes.
"What's that Jhope? Why are you bleeding? What happened?"

Not answering me, he dashed towards the washroom and I followed him, running.
Rinsing his nose with water, he cleared the horrifying sight of the blood.

"Jhope? What was that? Why was there blood? Are you hiding something from me?"

Meeting his terrible form, I thought I lost my beautiful world of blossom and joy.
Not wanting his lies again to surround me, I exited the washroom only to call the Doctor when he held my hand.

"Let me call the doctor." I demanded.

"You shouldn't. It keeps happening yoonhaya."

"The flow of blood? It keeps happening? You think it's normal?" I inquired in a worried state.

"Yes. It is. I just have to rinse and the blood is all gone."

"Are you sure I shouldn't call the doctor?"

"Yes. You shouldn't. I'm okay. But why are you crying?"

"Because this sight frightened me. I cannot see you in pain Jhope. It scares me."

"Yoonhaya." He said. "Don't be scared. I'm okay."

In every possible way, he tried to soothe me, tried to calm my mind yet, I wasn't ready to believe when he said I'm okay. It keeps happening. He sure was hiding something.

Although it was night now, things still didn't change. The fears that dwelled inside me filled me with an apprehensive state. Jhope was in a state of denial, he wasn't even taking his minor incidents seriously. He wasn't at all serious of that matter and it was maybe because he had already lost the strongest element of living life, hope.

Lieing beside him and sinking into the bed even deeper, I wrapped myself with the blanket. Not wanting to face any fears, I closed my eyes wanting the fears to fade away.

Being in the subconscious state, I grasped the bed sheet tightly as I gasped for breath and the feeling of numbness took over my entire body. My eyeslids moved, wanting to open my eyes from the dreadful state.
Struggling more within my ownself, finally my eyes opened with a jerk moment as I sat on the bed, screaming just one name,
"JHOPE."

Wiping off the sweat, I looked at Jhope's face where disturbance and uneasiness of his mind was visible in his every feature.

"JHOPE. JHOPE." I cried his name, as I touched his face and his shoulder to confirm that he wasn't the part of that dream.

"YOONHAYA. WHAT HAPPENED? I'M RIGHT HERE. YOU MUST HAVE HAD A NIGHTMARE."

Pulling me against his chest, he tried to calm my whimpering soul and I clutched onto his shirt with a great strength, trying to believe he still was there with me and not gone. I felt relieved on seeing him alive yet half scared with the truth that death was nearing. The entire time I was in a state of denial that shattered me more.

Everything was a blur, the dream that contained him, the dream where he died before my eyes, the dream where he breathed the last time.

Although it was a dream, but somewhere within my unconsciousness I knew it would turn into reality someday.

~~~~

Ayo guys, I'm back and so glad to be. I missed you guys.🙆❤

Jhope looks so soft in the header above.❤💋😭
Also, hoping y'all are enjoying the story. :") Thankyou for staying connected.☆☆