33.Like a star.

~Like a star he was, so beautiful so deep yet he shined more than the stars.~

It had been two days since Jhope was admitted in the hospital. How hard I tried yet Doctor wasn't allowing me to take him back home.

One night, as I walked to his room, got worried when didn't find him there, checked the washroom but he wasn't there. too.
Seeing a nurse nearby, I rushed towards her.

"Where's Jhope? Have you seen him?"

"The patient of room no 18? He went to the rooftop to get some fresh air I suppose."

"The rooftop? Why did you even allow him to? You guys are so careless."

Ignoring her reaction and dashing towards the elevator, I shot up to the rooftop.
As I reached there, I saw him being perched against a wall. His eyes narrowed intently on the wild shine of the stars. It was all enveloped in darkness and the only light that was surrounding the top was the light thrown by the stars. For a minute my anger dissolved. I didn't even care why he was there, just the thing that mattered was the way he stared at the stars. A very dimly faint light. The light that was making him gleam more.

Moving towards him, I sat next to him as I watched his eyes glittering with those magical things above him. He looked at me, smiling as he engulfed me into a hug so tender and so warming.

A sudden thought crossed my mind as I asked,
"Jhope, the stars are so beautiful tonight yet I'm scared."

"Why?"

"Because tonight they're here but tomorrow they might not be."

"No. Stars are immortal. Their light will always stay close to you. It will never fade away. Yoonhaya. You should always believe in the stars. You should always love them."

"But I love you more than the stars." I said.

"But I want you to love the stars more than me."

"Why?"

"Because today I'm here but tomorrow I might not be. But stars, they'll be always there."

Warm drops of liquid flowed through my cheeks. The pain of him leaving, now escaped from my eyes. His faith always resided in the stars.

Our eyes rested upon the stars and silence was the only thing that could be heard. After a while of gazing he said,

"Stars will always love you. They will light up your world. Whenever you will find yourself in darkness just look up at the stars, though they are surrounded by darkness, yet they won't stop shinning, but will glow more with the darkness around."

His thoughts were so deep, so pure and how he knew so much about them. They were just small beaming objects out there, but their deepness and purpose was evaluated by him.

"Yoonhaya, you are just like them. I want you to be like them, to shine despite of the darkness around, to sparkle more with the fears.
And when you believe in yourself and shine more, the fears would never touch you."

"What did I even do to deserve a star like you?"

"Even I don't know what I did to deserve a pabo like you?" He called me a pabo again.

I squinted my eyes just to give him a stern look as I jostled at his arm being careful not to hurt his hand where an injection was injected.

While just staring at the luminous world up there, I got scared. He was talking so deep tonight, the thoughts that never crossed his mouth escaped tonight. What was so special about tonight?

"Would you do me a favour? The only favour I want from you? The only purpose I want to achieve in my life?"

I nodded and suddenly my heart filled itself with the greatest fear. The fear that his words astonished me as he said  The only purpose in life.

"Promise me you'll never cry when I leave? promise me you'll never be alone nor sad? That your way would never be blinded because you'll always believe in stars? Promise me that you'll always face your fears and wouldn't be afraid of them?"

"JHOPE. So many promises just in one night? Why?"

"Because I don't trust my tomorrow. Please promise me tonight."

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I promise I would..... um.. I forgot."

The seriousness and fear that was prominent on his face drove away as a softness surrounded his face.

"YOONHAYA!" He uttered while chuckling a bit.

"Okay. Okay. I promise I won't run away from my fears and would always believe in the stars, always believe in you."

"Promise me one last thing, that when I leave you won't cry? Never ever."

"What sort of promise is that? I know you won't leave." Tears again started brimming my eyes not when I saw his own eyes shedding tears but when he said he's leaving.
Nothing did I speak as my voice was caught up in my throat.

With a sudden movement, I was taken aback with my own tears when his lips caught mine. The lips that were so soothing as if wanting to calm all my fears away just with that one kiss. The kiss so deep, so sweet wanting to express all of his thoughts, all of the love he had for me. The kiss only wanting to stop me from crying any longer. He nibbled at my lower lips so tenderly as if wanting to dry all my tears with his lips.

The feeling was stronger when I realized he kissed me beneath the night sky, the delightful stars. The light that won't fade away. The night that savoured our kiss. The night that will always remember our kiss.
Though the night may end, the things may end but the memories this night gave me will always be cherished. It will always stay with me.

As it was time to go back to home because it was already late and because Jhope never allowed me to stay late there, I had to leave.

Walking my way back home, my ears were caught up in a conversation between Doctor Jeon and the nurse.

"I'm so worried about that boy. His condition is worsening day by day. I'm afraid he might not be able to survive another week."

"But he's just so young and we've been doing everything to extract him from this situation yet nothing worked."

"Just few days have been left with him. So try to make him even more happier. Rejoice his days with everything possible. I want a person to die with happiness, with satisfaction not crying or regretting, that's my duty. we all know what the truth is and he has accepted it too. So it would be better for him to just live his few days to the fullest."

Listening to the truth, I held the wall firmly before collapsing on the floor. All the hopes were false, all the things said by the doctor were false. Jhope just had few days. Few days? Why god why? I won't forgive you if anything happens to him! How could you do that to me? Leave me all alone? I'll hate that doctor my entire life. He could have done something yet he didn't. Jhope knew about his life that's why he was taking promises from me.

I swear, If anything happens to him I might not be able to live.

~~~~

Guys, so this is the second last chapter.
Last chapter to be published soon. He may survive he may not. 😶